October 2011 Moms
Options

Swimming Lessons Diapers (CD?)

I'm so excited!  I just found "Little Guppy" swimming lessons in our area.  I thought there weren't any until six months, but this group is four weeks (!) through thirty-five weeks. 

In the requirements for baby swimwear it says this: "Cloth, reusable swim diapers are required for ALL students under the age of 3, even those who are potty-trained. Swim diapers must have tight-fitting elastic around the legs and waist to prevent accidents. We do allow disposable swim diapers under the cloth diaper if you choose to use two diapers. "

We do CD most of the time.  Do any of you have experience with cloth diapers in the water?  Any suggestions or advice?  I suppose I can do a google search on what to use, but I thought I'd go to you ladies first.  I thought for sure they'd require "Little Swimmer" type diapers.  I wonder why they'd prefer clothies...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Swimming Lessons Diapers (CD?)

• Options
    Just take one of your pocket diapers and use it without the inserts. Best, most economical way to do it.  My sister used the BumGenius ones, but really any pocket diaper without insert will work. 
  • Options
    Off topic but if you haven't already, please read up on infant swimming lessons and water intoxication...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A question: are the lessons in the chlorine pool? I really want to do this too but was worried about the effect of chlorine water on his skin.

Thanks!
  • Options
    they probably require cloth because there are dummies who put their kids in regular disposibles and then they explode in the pool which then requires the pool to close for half the day
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Slings at Nurtured Family
  • Options
    I had an imse vimse one for my dd that I loved. I'd get a true swim dipe because chlorine can ruin your pockets.
  • Options

imagemabst196:
    I had an imse vimse one for my dd that I loved. I'd get a true swim dipe because chlorine can ruin your pockets.

Just set aside one or two for swimming and don't use them for anything but that. 

• Options

Thank you for the replies.  I hadn't thought about whether or not the pool will be primarily chlorine treated.  That's a good question. The lessons are twice a week for a half hour.  I guess I'll just be watching him closely for any reactions.

Setting aside diapers just for swimming is a great idea :0) 

• Options
    imagePitaBread:

imagemabst196:

Just set aside one or two for swimming and don't use them for anything but that. 

Whats the point then? If you aren't using it regularly in rotation anymore, it's like you have a swim diaper anyway. A $10 swim diaper is worth it to me not to take a $15-20 pocket out if rotation.

• Options
    imagemabst196:
    imagePitaBread:

imagemabst196:

Whats the point then? If you aren't using it regularly in rotation anymore, it's like you have a swim diaper anyway. A $10 swim diaper is worth it to me not to take a $15-20 pocket out if rotation.

I paid less than $11 for new BG 4.0s. The sales are always there, you just need todos them! My FB pocket came to $3 after coupon codes. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"