October 2011 Moms

Sleep question

For those whose LO sleep through the night, do they wake up/eat at the same time every day? DD has slept thru the past few nights, but each day has been different in terms of when she woke up, ate, napped, etc. Also, do your LOs take a later afternoon nap? She seems to really need one after her late afternoon feeding (although the past few days she hasn't really gotten in a good nap, so I'm wondering if that's what's making her Sttn lol). I guess I'm just trying to figure out how this all works!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Sleep question

• There is no rhyme or reason to my LO's sleep habits.  He has been STTN for about 10 days and each day he wakes up at a different time.  He goes to sleep around 6:30 pm and will wake up anywhere from 3:15-4 am to eat.  Sometimes he goes back to sleep and other days, he is up for 1/2 to 1 hour and then takes a nap.  Sometimes he sleeps until 5 or 6. 

His naps are also sporatic.  He tends to nap after a 1-2 hour awake period-all day.  His naps are only about 20-40 minutes, though.

I think, at this point, I'm just happy that he's sleeping longer than 2 hours at a clip at night now.  Sleep, for both of us, is so nice!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO has a late starting time.  She usually doesn't fall asleep until midnight-2 a.m.  This is fine for me, as I've always been a night owl.  I go to sleep whenever she does.  Whatever time she falls asleep doesn't effect her waking time.  She always wakes up between 7-8 am to eat.  This has only been the last 3 weeks or so - before that she had feedings at 1 am, 4 am & 7 am.  I have no idea what caused this change, she just started sleeping longer.

During the day is a different story.  Her nap times are random, and the lengths of time she sleeps range from 10 minutes - 3 hours.  Our 1,4,7 & 10 feedings are now basically just whenever she wants to eat, so I BF on demand.  Trying to force her back onto the schedule wasn't working out.  And since she worked out a sleeping schedule for herself, I figure an eating schedule will work itself out too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS goes to sleep somewhere between 8:00 and 9:00 at night and wakes up at around 5:00 or 5:30 to eat.  He then goes back to sleep until 7:00 when he'll wake up and play for a little and then eat again.  He takes several short naps during the day (usually about 15-20 minutes each) and oftentimes one longer nap that lasts an hour or two.  The timing of his naps is not consistent and sometimes he skips the long nap.    
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"