November 2011 Moms

Lazy eye

OK, so I'm totally paranoid about this, and since I'm a FTM I'm not sure about this...but Bowen seems to be tracking well with his left eye, but sometimes not so well with the right.  It will drift while the other is clearly focused on me.  He's almost 8 weeks and I thought the crazy eyes would be over by now...but he was 3 weeks early, so I don't know.  I'm just paranoid, right??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lazy eye

• I have no idea when baby gains eye control, but I just wanted to comment because I had a lazy eye growing up and had to have "cosmetic" surgery because I was made fun of in school for it.  Fast forward.... I'm almost 25 years old and my lazy eye is back!  They cut some nerve in the back of my eye to "cure" me and now it's back again.  I guess my eye never wanted to be normal in the first place.

Anyways, I hope Bowen doesn't have the same thing happen to him...hopefully it will correct itself! 

• When is his 2 month appointment? Definitely worth asking about. On another note when ds2 was this age we were very worried about him not tracking at all. The ped. Even took a note of it as she observed it as well. Turns out he just developed a little later in that regard because 3 1/2 years later he's just fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think our pedi said it should go away by 6 mos...I wouldn't swear to that, though.
  • I'm not sure but pedi said he wanted to see her tracking stuff with at least one eye by two months so it sounds like it could take longer for it to be both eyes. My nephew had a lazy eye and they didn't diagnose it until around 18 months so I think its a little early. If you do suspect it later on though definitely treat it as early as possible. My nephew is now almost 3 and its almost gone and the doctor said he should only need his glasses for another year or two at the most,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"