October 2011 Moms
Options

Does this seem about right?

LO is 3mo today. Just the last few days it has become very clear that he wants me or a live person of some sort playing with him at all times. He usually loves his playmat, but recently, if I'm not there with him, he starts crying. As soon as I sit down and interact with him, he's just fine. Obviously, I'm not just letting him cry, so our days now revolve around me making silly faces and talking to him while he smiles and eats his hands. ;) I'm going to try a bumbo seat to see if he would like that, too, since it would free me up to get some other tasks done while entertaining him at the same time. 

I would wear him around the house, but so far, he's not big on it and especially now, he wants to be constantly kicking and batting at things - hard to do if you're in a carrier.

Does this seem about right to everyone else? It was just interesting to me that it practically changed overnight with him.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does this seem about right?

• Options

I am noticing the same thing with DD and she'll be 3 months on Sunday.  About a week ago, all of the sudden, she would cry in her RnP if I left her alone.  I put her in her RnP, where she's normally fine to just jabber away until I'm back, and as soon as I got in the shower she started screaming.  Unless she's asleep, I can't leave her in there alone any more.

She definitely cries when she is bored, too.  I think it is just a new phase for them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Must have. Eh, I've read the pros and cons and I plan to be right there with him. I'm not going to set it on a table and then peace out. I just would like to have somewhere else for him to comfortably sit so he can see me and I can have my hands free. I'd use the bouncer, but he thinks it's a torture device. :/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecrystalbaby:

imagesewpinkgal:
    Must have. Eh, I've read the pros and cons and I plan to be right there with him. I'm not going to set it on a table and then peace out. I just would like to have somewhere else for him to comfortably sit so he can see me and I can have my hands free. I'd use the bouncer, but he thinks it's a torture device. :/

We just ordered a bouncer because she doesn't really like her swing. Hopefully she doesn't hate it too. 

If it makes you more hopeful, our kid loves the swing, but hates the bouncer. Maybe she will be the opposite. :) 

• Options
    Crap.  We hit 3 months on Monday.  I hope he doesn't make the switch!  I love that I can leave him chilling in his boppy while I do other things.  I don't want that to end!
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

This sounds really familiar! My LO has become a total "entertain me" baby. He's not happy unless I'm sitting with him, and giving him my full attention. He won't even let me talk on the phone for a minute. Attention hog. Stick out tongue I'm hoping it's a stage and not something I've trained him into because i start work on Tuesday and the daycare people are going to be in for a treat.

ETA: oh, and I wish he'd be happy with someone other than me because he's got two tween age sisters and a daddy that are dying to read to him and play with him, but not so much

• Options
    Sounds like my LO, who is also 3 months.  DS can handle a little alone time, but only a little!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"