February 2012 Moms

Pregnancy progress in the eyes of a 2 year old

My little cousin Grace is adorable. She was the flower girl in our wedding and ever since telling her we're having a baby she's SO obsessed with me. She's been going through her toys and blankets and bringing them to her mom saying "I too big for this, we need to bring it to Brianne for her baby". Mind you, she's 2 1/2. As if that's not cute enough, she has a conversation with her mom every day about "Brianne's baby" and asks if he's here yet. She was at my mom's today and the conversation went like this:

Grace: Where's Brianne?

My mom: She's at home

Grace: With her baby?

Mom: Yup

Grace: In her tummy?

Mom: Yup, the baby is still in her tummy.

Grace: Is he growin' in there?

Mom: Yup, he's getting bigger.

Grace: Is her belly big like Santa Claus!? 

I just love how she views my pregnancy... And yes, my belly is big like Santa. Can't wait till our little one starts coming up with cute stuff like this!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnancy progress in the eyes of a 2 year old

• So cute! I just love little kid's views of things.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• So cute! Your cousin sounds adorable! I love these types of stories!

My sister & my niece stoped by the nursery at their daycare the other day. My niece asked where Thomas was (my LO). My sister said he was still growing in his mommy's tummy and my niece responded "e-beth is Thomas' mommy". I was amazed that she was able to put that together without having a baby to actually see...just a big tummy bump we keep telling her is Thomas.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I love talking with my nephew's about my baby, my nephew who is 2 always grabs my stomach and tells me "my baby"

my other nephew also 2, pokes it and asks if that is Emily's home, he brings her bottles to feed her and wants to hold her (holding my stomach) all the time. So cute! He tells me that Maci (his 3 month old sister) is his baby and that (poking my belly) is my baby!

love them!

• That is adorable! I work at a preschool and all my kids are 3 and there is one little boy who asks me at least 15 times a day what my baby is doing in my tummy. He always asks if hes kicking then if hes playing with toys in there. He also asked me one day if he had shoes on i said "no then it would hurt me worse when he kicks me" then he asked what clothes he was wearing and my response was "i dont know i can't see in my belly" i didnt want to explain to him that the baby isnt wearing clothes lol
  • This reminds me that on Christmas when I got gifts for LO my 3 year old niece told me to eat them so that the baby could get them!
  • All these adorable kid quotes!  I wish I had some to share!  My nephews seem oblivious to the fact that I'm pregnant at all!!    Seems like my dog knows more about what's going on sometimes...
  • One of my cousins kids asked when i'd be going to the hospital to pick up my baby.  (Don't think she made the connection that the baby comes out of my tummy at the hospital)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• We were at the movies Christmas day... I had to go to the bathroom, I walked to the sink to wash my hands and there was a line waiting to use the stalls...

Before I left there was no doubt I pregnant. A little girl (approx. 4)  I don't know pats my tummy and ask "so when's the baby coming out" ...lol her mom was very embarrassed to say the least she apologized and said her Aunt is pregnant and she allows her to rub the belly.

I just laughed it off because she was just too cute and serious.

• imagealysalouton:
    That is adorable! I work at a preschool and all my kids are 3 and there is one little boy who asks me at least 15 times a day what my baby is doing in my tummy. He always asks if hes kicking then if hes playing with toys in there. He also asked me one day if he had shoes on i said "no then it would hurt me worse when he kicks me" then he asked what clothes he was wearing and my response was "i dont know i can't see in my belly" i didnt want to explain to him that the baby isnt wearing clothes lol

I also work at a preschool.  My kids are soooo curious.  They tell me all about their little brothers and sisters and aunts who are pregnant.  I have one little boy who ALWAYS asks me about my baby.  They all know his name and that he will be born when "we start making hearts for Valentines Day"  They ask me if he is sleeping and if he can hear them and stuff like that.  It is cute because they are more helpful about cleaning up.  

The other day I asked one little boy to help me clean up some blocks and he goes "NO!"  Then he stops and thinks for a few seconds and goes "Okay, I will help you because I know you have a baby in your tummy." 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"