Breastfeeding
Options

Product restrictions when breastfeeding?

Can you use acne medication when breastfeeding?  What about stronger wrinkle cream lotions, scrubs, etc.?  I know it is a no-no when pregnant, but haven't read anything about breastfeeding.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Product restrictions when breastfeeding?

• Options

I switched to dove unscented soap and avoid lotions on my breast (unless they are super itchy). Also I try to keep the shampoo from running down my chest.

Other than that I am not sure. I don't use hair dye or strong wrinkle creams. You may need to look up the active ingredients and see what the recommendations are for each one.

• Options

look on the side of the products. 

also, someone posted this link a while ago- it is super neat you can search each product to see how "safe"  it is 

I found this link.  You can search commonly used household products, deodarants, skin care products, make up, 

https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/search.php?query=dove

lolololo
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekerby1013:
    Can you use acne medication when breastfeeding?  What about stronger wrinkle cream lotions, scrubs, etc.?  I know it is a no-no when pregnant, but haven't read anything about breastfeeding.

You can only use over-the-counter stuff like Clearisil.  You absolutely can't use any retin-A type cream or any of the oral drugs (like antibiotics) commonly prescribed for acne.  Sorry!  I suffer from it myself and have tried a bunch of different things while bfing.  I know that Differin cream is okay (that's prescription), but it hasn't worked well for me alone (without some kind of pill).

You can try products with some of the fruit acids, like glycolic, and tea tree oil.  Also, for inflammation and redness, I like to put raw honey on my face for a few minutes and then rinse it off.

GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"