Late Term and Child Loss

Intro and Twin loss

After a year of TTC, 3 (unsuccessful) IUIs and 1 round of IVF, my husband and I concieved b/g twins. We were thrilled and thought all of that heartache was meant to be because we were meant to be the parents of these beautiful twin babies. My shower was planned, cribs were set up, we purchased a new car, things were bought for the nursery. My husband talked about coaching their soccer team, read books to the babies in my belly, and felt their first kicks on December 4. We saw them kicking away, trying to touch each other through the placenta on the ultrasound on December 5. At that ultrasound, however, the Dr. noticed my cervix shortening, started me on Progesterone and talked about the possibility of upcoming bedrest. I finally told my class of first graders about the babies on December 7 at 22 weeks and 2 days, just in case I was to go on bedrest. That very evening I ended up in labor and delivery with spotting and contractions. I will never forget the horror I felt when I realized our precious baby Molly was coming out months too early. The worst feeling I've ever had in my life was knowing I had to push her out since she was already on her way, but that she was alive and healthy and my actions were about to end her life. Baby Molly was born early in the morning on Dec. 8. She came out moving and alive but died shortly after. She looked just like me. There was a possibility of saving her twin, Max, but he wanted to be with his sister. He came out 55 minutes later alive as well. Max looked just like my husband and every time I see my husband I think of Max and feel a huge sense of loss, as my husband does when he looks at me. I kept asking the Dr. if there was any possiblity of them making it, but they were just too small. I just can't believe that they are gone. We wanted them so badly and had such a long journey of becoming pregnant. We had so many dreams for our family and now they are dead along with our babies. And I can't fathom another IVF cycle. I thought our family was complete and that I'd never have to do it again. I just feel empty and lost. :(

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Intro and Twin loss

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I also delivered due to an incompetent cervix. I can't imagine losing two babies after trying so hard to conceive. I hope this board brings you the support you need. Hugs.
  • I'm so sorry for the loss of Molly and Max. Although I wish none of us were on here, I'm glad this board exists. The ladies on here are truly amazing and can relate to what we're all feeling and been through. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry about the loss of your babies.  I lost my twins, Isaac and Porter, on November 16 (26 weeks GA).  I'm so sorry that you went through so much to get pregnant and lost your babies.  It just isn't fair.  I hope you can find some peace and hope on this board.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss-- I like you did IVF and waited for an eternity to tell everyone we were pregnant and get excited.  At 20 weeks we announced and less than a month later we found out our daughter would not survive-- I carried her for three precious weeks praying for another miracle. It's heartbreaking.  It seems so unfair to deal with this on top of infertility.  I hope you find the strength and funds to do IVF again... because you are meant to be parents.

Molly and Max are lucky to have known your love. 

Married October 28, 2006, TTC since March 2009 IUI #1-8 w/ clomid = BFN
    IVF # 1 May, 2011 = BFP!!! Stillbirth at 26 weeks (placental failure/severe IUGR)
    FET #1 February, 2012-- BFP! Beta #1=84 Beta #2= 207 Beta #3= 3,526 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Our Rainbow Baby is on the Way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm so sorry. To have IF and then lose babies late in pregnancy is so cruel. I hope you find some comfort from this board. It is full of amazing women.

We are here for you.  

Momma to 2 sweet girls here on earth and a precious baby boy in heaven
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet twins. Welcome to the board I haope you find some comfort here.
    Logan Gregory born sleeping 9/29/2011 @ 40wks 2days Forever in our hearts Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Congrats to Heatherhah! Baby girl has finally arrived!Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to my Labor Buddy SouthernBellaKS
  • I'm so sorry that you had to say goodbye to Molly and Max waaaaay too soon. It's not fair that you struggled for so long and now this. I hope you find some comfort here. (Hugs)
  • I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm sorry that you have to be on this board but I hope you find some comfort here.
    TTC since November 2009. DH diagnosed with sperm antibodies. IUI #1 = BFN IUI #2 = BFN On the road to IVF.... Egg Retrieval Jan 21, 2011 16 eggs retrieved Egg transfer Jan 26, 2011 Only 2 viable eggs transferred. 1 IVF, 1 ICSI IVF #1 = BFP :-) 10/3/11 No heart beat at 38 weeks: Our baby Jack became an angel 12/14/11 = natural BFP Rainbow baby Samantha Jacklyn born8/8/12. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I'm sorry for your loss. I also lost B/G twins after many rounds of fertility drugs. I hope you can find some comfort on this board. ((HUGS))
  • I am sending you Hugs as well. So sorry for your loss.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry for the loss of yoru twins and for the difficult TTC journey you've already endured.  *hugs*  Welcome to the board.  I hate that any woman has to come here.  But it is a safe place to be if you do have to come here.  I hope you find the comfort, support, and encouragement you need here.
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your Max and Molly.  You have found a safe refuge and just know that anytime you need to talk or vent.  We get it.  I hate that you are here with us but since you are, welcome to the family. 

I say family because often times the things we share and the ammount we lean on each other is much much more than a board or a group, we are definately intertwined as family.

• Thank you so much for your kind words. I've been reading this board for 2 weeks now and am so sorry for all of your losses as well. I'm so glad there is a place for us to visit for strength and support.
    IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am so sorry for your losses
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I'm so incredibly sorry for the losses of your sweet babies Molly and Max. I hope you will be able to find support here.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • imagepottermommy:

I am so sorry for the loss of your Max and Molly.  You have found a safe refuge and just know that anytime you need to talk or vent.  We get it.  I hate that you are here with us but since you are, welcome to the family. 

I say family because often times the things we share and the ammount we lean on each other is much much more than a board or a group, we are definately intertwined as family.

This exactly.  Pottermommy always says it so well.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

***Congratulations to my TTCAL buddy Roxyttandme!! It's a GIRL!! Charlotte arrived on 9/29!!!!***
    PGaL/PAL Always Welcome!!
  • Sending hugs, I'm so sorry for the loss of your twins. I lost twins a little over 2 years ago that I conceived on IVF #2. If you ever need to talk or vent let me know.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• I'm so very sorry for your loss especially after such a long journey TTC. I too lost my b/g twins, Kira and Ethan, on Nov. 6th at 22 weeks 4 days. It's hard and I also felt lost for a long time, and still do quite often. It does get easier, but I still have my bad days. This board is very supportive and know we are all here for you. *hugs*
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am very sorry your loss.  I also lost boy/girl twins after IVF.  It is heartbreaking and very overwhelming to be back at the starting line knowing you can't just have sex and get pregnant again.

Hang in there hon.  huge((hugs))

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. My Gabriel was also born on December 8th in the early morning. He however, was Potter's Syndrome and was 36 weeks. We're still in the midst of the greiving process. Take your time sweetheart. Trying to fathom getting pregnant again is scary, your heart needs time to heal before you can logically start thinking that way. I know the insane "baby fever" is hard to handle sometimes, but you have to take some time for you.

My heart is with you...

• I'm sorry for the loss of your twins.  I too lost my LO due to IC and PTL.  All the ladies here know about the feeling of your family no longer being complete.  I hope you find the support you need her.  (((HUGS)))
  • Huge hugs.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  I lost twins as well.  It was the worst day of my life, but we are trying IVF again now.  Take however much time you need to heal, but please remember it will get easier with time.  More hugs.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"