Infertility
Options

I ovulated....by myself!

NO drugs..no lie!

So my friend gave me a whole BUNCH of ovulation tests yesterday.  She ordered them from Amazon and they super cheap. 

With PCOS I only ovulate a few times a year so I have never bothered using them. I said "what the heck" and POAS last night just for "fun".  I got 2 PINK LINES!!! holy crap I couldn't believe it.  DH laughed and immediately dropped our DD off at Grandmas for time alone :) 

We had an HSG on the 13th that cleared some tubes so maybe this could be our month and not even use fertility drugs to do it! positive vibes!

If this doesn't work we are calling the RE to start another IUI cycle mid Jan.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I ovulated....by myself!

• Options

Do you temp also? SOOO not trying to be snarky, but that is the only way to tell 100% that you actually ovulated. FX that you really did get the pink lines for actual ovulation!!! They are an indicator that ovulation MAY occur! But, get busy anyways just in case!!! Lots of baby dust to you!!!! And yay for those 2 pink lines!! PCOS sucks!!

And if you want some encouragement, I have 2 success stories for you! My cousin has PCOS and was in the transition period between OB-GYN and RE and got pregnant on her own!! And 2nd, a good friend of mine also has PCOS and she went to her RE appointment (same RE I use) and they went through the hole spill about PCOS and how to help her get pregnant and medications and history and yada yada. RE always does an ultrasound after consult to check for uterine/ovary abnormalities. Guess what?! She was PREGNANT! 6 weeks! She took a pregnancy test 2 days before because she had a "feeling" and it was negative. CRAZY! So, don't lose hope!!!! It does happen!

• Options
    are these new OPK tests? i must be out of the loop.  you might want to check because most OPK tests do present two pink lines.  the test line just has to be as dark or darker than the control.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No worries - I know what you mean.  Someone else also told me I should take my temp.  I never thought about doing that too..I am new to the ovulation thing as I've always had AF induced and if I ovulated it was due to drugs.

What should my temp be?  DH and I have had "time together" every other day this past few weeks just in case.

Thank you so much  for the encouragement - always needed!!!!  I am starting to get frusterated.  My DD happened on the very first IUI so I got lucky and this time around I am getting down.  Plus my BF tested Christmas eve and got a BFP! I feel more pressure now.

• Options
    Yes it has to be as dark or darker.  I had my husband triple check to make sure that was the case!
  • Options

I just didn't want you to think I was being snarky!!!! =) Temping honestly was a PITA for me. It was wayyyyy more stressful than just letting go. I have annovulatory cycles, and if I'm lucky, only ovulate 2 times a year on my own. So, everything has to be super controlled!

I know what you mean about the pressure!!! Out of 9 grandkids, my husband is the only one who doesn't have kids yet. In the last 18 months, we've had 6 babies (allllll girls....) So, his grandma just says "God's saving the best for last" =)

• Options
    His grandma sounds so sweet :)  
  • Options
    Your RE could do a blood draw to check your progesterone levels and confirm ovulation. Ideally this is done 7dpo but it can also just confirm ovulation if it is done near that date. PP is correct in that a surge does not guarantee ovulation. For temping information check out the fertility friend website (free) or Taking Charge of your Fertility. Good luck.
    +++
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"