February 2012 Moms
Options

Lack of energy as bad as 1st trimester

I'm completely useless these days and have absolutely 0 energy. Getting up to shower is the energetic highlight of my day. Anyone else? Any suggestions? I have so much to do and just can't force myself to do it. 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Re: Lack of energy as bad as 1st trimester

• Options
    YES!!!! Since I hit about week 30, I have been SO TIRED! I am dying at work! My only suggestion for you is try to give yourself some slack. Take a lot of breaks (whether you're home now or still working), and don't push yourself!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'll join this club! The holidays wore me out. We didn't even do anything active ? just hung out with family around the house, but even that wore me out. DH wanted to do something for NYE, and I told him no way ? I have a date with my PJs and the sofa.

On another lazy note, I totally dread having to go to the bathroom now, because it involves having to stand up and walk. Sigh. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker peri-partum cardio myopathy survivor
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think my lack of energy is worse because I sleep so horribly at night now. Unfortunately I have no suggestions but I feel your pain!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm with you!  Lack of energy combined with trouble sleeping combined with soreness if I do too much leaves me a lump on the couch.  I have been just trying to take it easy - I do smaller projects (or bigger projects in smaller chunks), try to sneak in naps or rest where I can (and not feel one ounce of guilt about it!), and trying to have easy-to-make or grab meals on hand so I don't have to worry too much about cooking when I am tired.  

Even when you are sitting still, your body is working hard to support this little life inside of you.  Whenever I get a sideways look when I'm just sitting around, I'll just comment "ah, you know...just creating life over here (or "just growing a human being"), don't mind me".  Wink

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• Options

Since about 31 weeks I have been useless! I'm actually about to take a nap now. I hope it goes away soon...I have lots of nesting to do! :-) A little caffeine helps me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I feel that way sometimes and asked my midwife about it...she said to be sure I'm taking my iron, taking naps as needed, and eating healthy foods. I'd mention it to your doctor just in case you need to be checked for low iron or rechecked for GD.

• Options

I have been exhausted lately as well.  I even asked my boss for a pass off of work by telling her that I would rather go back home and take a nap! Fortunately she said yes!Yes I hope I get a burst of energy soon because I have a little too long to go and too much work left to do before DS gets here.

• Options

I have been exhausted lately as well.  I even asked my boss for a pass off of work by telling her that I would rather go back home and take a nap! Fortunately she said yes!Yes I hope I get a burst of energy soon because I have a little too long to go and too much work left to do before DS gets here.

• Options

oh this is me too! it is a different kind of tired than 1st tri, in 1st tri all I wanted to do was sleep, a little cat nap during the day on my lunch break usually did the trick.

Now my whole body is tired, even when I nap it doesnt help, I have to take frequent breaks and my body lets me know when I have over done it one day by swelling, aching and BH. I get bursts of energy and that is when I get things done, at home and at work. Sometimes I have to give in and have some caffine to make it through the day.

• Options
    Regarding the iron, I just had some red meat, so we'll see if that helps. I'm with pp as in just the idea of getting up to make food or pee seems even more exhausting. Maybe I'll sneak a cup of half-calf. 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    During the 1st tri I didn't feel like I slept anymore than usually, but I tend to sleep a lot anyway. Right now, between waking up at least every hr to go the bathroom and having a large belly that makes it difficult to do anything, I am super exhausted. In fact, I just helped hubby take some boxes down to the trash and put some items in my car that I am planning on donating and I am wiped out!
  • Options

For the first 16 weeks, I had exhaustion and morning sickness. Then, I felt ok for a little while. By the mid-20 weeks, I had low iron an the onset of GD, so I felt SO SO SO tired again. Now, I'm on iron pills and have my diet regulated, so I'm feeling ok, but I have pinched nerve in my hip and pelvic pain like no other, so even though I have the "energy" any kind of physical exertion makes me want to cry. I get winded walking up our stairs. It's so pathetic. So many things I WANT to do, but I have to sit down constantly. 

Plus, this baby got crazy strong in the last week or two and is beating me up. I'm positive he's going to emerge directly through my stomach any day now.  

I try SO hard to enjoy my pregnancies and not complain, but this one is SO much harder than DS.  

Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have been so tired since week 30. My body is just done. I swept the kitchen floor yesterday and thought I was going to colapse between the pain and the exhaustion it did to my body. Also, the past two days when DS wakes up I get him his breakfast turn on the TV and I lay on the couch and dose off every few minutes for at least two hours. I feel like such a bad mom right now but I just dont have the energy to play with him like I used to. So ready to get this LO here so I can have my normal energy back!
  • Options
    At my shower I got tired opening presents lol
  • Options
    imagemac&chip:

I'll join this club! The holidays wore me out. We didn't even do anything active ? just hung out with family around the house, but even that wore me out. DH wanted to do something for NYE, and I told him no way ? I have a date with my PJs and the sofa.

On another lazy note, I totally dread having to go to the bathroom now, because it involves having to stand up and walk. Sigh. 

Amen sister!  I whine when I have to go to the bathroom - which is QUITE often these days.  I'm completely exhausted these days - today I actually completely passed out at work :/

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"