Austin Babies
Options

any good movies out now?

DH and I have a date night in our future (wow!) and we're thinking about going ALL OUT and doing dinner AND a movie.  Problem is, we can't think of a movie that we might both like - and that is going to be pretty good.  We haven't seen a movie since Inception forever ago, and we both liked that one. 

We have some free babysitters coming in and some Christmas money burning a hole in our pockets so we hope to get a lot out of our date night.

TIA!

Re: any good movies out now?

• Options

We saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie recently and liked it.  It's just like sitting through the first one- some parts are a little long- but it was fun and we love the series. 

• Options

New Year's Eve - cute if you can accept that the story is uber cheesy.  the casting is HORRIBLE

Mission Impossible - pretty good; lots of great action sequences

DH & I have been talking about going to see a movie together and we're talking about seeing either the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo or Young Adult 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We saw the Descendents and really liked it.
  • Options
    It's an adaptation of a kids book, but we just saw Hugo and it was wonderful.
  • Options
    DH and I loved the Muppets movie! :) We saw a late night showing at the Drafthouse, so there were no kids.
    We have so much time, and so little to do! Strike that, reverse it.
    My Bio (wedding pics added 7/6)
    My 101
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

DH and I went on a date last night to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie. We really enjoyed it!

• Options

The Muppet movie is great, but definitely go late to avoid the kids.  We went to a 7:00 showing and at Drafthouse and it was still pretty noisy.

Sherlock Holmes was alright, nothing spectacular.  Mission Impossible got surprisingly great reviews, Hugo was reviewed fairly well, and Girl with a Dragon Tattoo looks awesome but I don't know how reviews went.  We'll probably see GwaDT this weekend. 

• Options

We just saw My Week with Marilyn and it was really good.  MI:4 was also much better than I expected.  I'll also give a thumbs up to the muppets.

• Options
    Thanks all - this gives us a good starting point.  I'd love to see Hugo but I don't know if DH would be up for it.  I know he's want to see Girl w/ a Dragon Tattoo and I can never get enough of Daniel Craig - so that might be a winner!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"