December 2011 Moms

Hot natured baby?

DS sweats all the time, especially on his back. Our house is kept chilly-63 to 65, and the original plan was an extra layer for him. We can't put him in anything fleece, he's soaked within an hour. Chest and neck aren't hot, no fever, so strange that he's the opposite of all the books!
Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011

Re: Hot natured baby?

• My children run hot as well.  We put her to sleep in a cotton sleeper with a light, Aden and Anais blanket.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • DD is always warm too - she sleeps in a cotton sleeper and swaddled in a thin cotton blanket.  I only have her in fleece outfits during the day because we don't swaddle her.  Our house is 66-68.  DH is always warm too, so I think she gets it from him
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Loading the player...
  • I totally get it. DS1 and now DS2 are just like that. Everyone always made comments about how lightly dressed DS1 was but otherwise he would sweat through all his clothes. Is your DH like that? My DH can wear shorts in the snow and be comfortable.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep, same thing with my DS.  We keep our house around 65 and if I put him in anything fleece he'll soak through it too.  I run warm so I think he gets it from me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • C is a very hot baby which is strange for a preemie since they often have a hard time holding their body temp. In the NICU she was ready to come out of her isolette way before what is normal for a 26 weeker.
    Born at 26 weeks 2 days gestation, 2 pounds 2 ounces due to IC/PTL,
    and after 82 days in the NICU, our little girl is home!
    Untitled Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image image
  • imageasyph107:

I totally get it. DS1 and now DS2 are just like that. Everyone always made comments about how lightly dressed DS1 was but otherwise he would sweat through all his clothes. Is your DH like that? My DH can wear shorts in the snow and be comfortable.

It's actually me moreso than DH. DH runs warm, I'm hot. I'm comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt in our house when we have it at 61. 
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • This is us too! We keep our house set at 67 so we were putting him to sleep in a sleeper with a onesie under it, then swaddled. He was waking up with a damp back and actually broke out with a little heat rash on his neck. Now he just wears a sleeper with nothing under it, and we only swaddle with the AA blankets since they are so breathable.

He also loves to have some naked time in the evening where he just kicks and wiggles all excited on his changing table. He doesn't appear cold at all!

Follow Me on Pinterest
    2 Hearts, 4 Wagging Tails and a Baby
    TTC #1 since 3/09 - DX Hypothyroid, PCOS, MFI
    M/C 8/10
    Injections/IUI #2 = BFP!! Emmett, born 12/7/11
    TTC #2 - CP 9/12, M/C 1/13
    Injections/IUI - April 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"