Toddlers: 24 Months+

Little Gym vs. My Gym for low tone kiddo

At DS's 6 month EI re-evaluation for speech they recommended adding OT for low tone and pronation and ankle-something or other and orthotics, oh my!    I am thinking of adding My Gym or Little Gym to get him in something to help develop tone.  I've done a free class of Little gym with DD#1 b/c she was late on physical milestones and felt it was too focused on just gymnastics, but haven't done My gym.

Any advice?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Little Gym vs. My Gym for low tone kiddo

• i'm only familiar with My Gym and S LOVES it. we started going when the weather started to get colder so that she would have something to do on weekends (she's at school during the week while we both work FT). she cannot get enough of it. so much so that we're having her bday party there next Saturday. :)

i really love it because they do some stretching activities and some focused stuff where everyone sits around in a circle and follows the teacher's direction. they do this for about 5-10 minutes then it's free play for another 5-10, then something focused, etc etc. then at the end of the class, they give the kids about 5-10 mins of free play without the parents to help them share.

we signed up the day we took our Free class (check their website for a free class!) b/c it was much cheaper this way.

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wouldl just wait until you go to OT and get the therapists opinion.

I doubt it would make much difference - as long as your LO is up and moving, it'll make a difference and if the OT can teach you what to emphasize w/ your LO,you can customize it for him.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKathrynMD:

I wouldl just wait until you go to OT and get the therapists opinion.

I doubt it would make much difference - as long as your LO is up and moving, it'll make a difference and if the OT can teach you what to emphasize w/ your LO,you can customize it for him.

He's had his OT assessment and  later was measured for his orthotics she things a gym class would help his core strength in a way that running, climbing and playing at home doesn't- especially in the winter.  I am really eager to get the OT to searn just what to focus on here in the home, for sure, though.  EI speech has made a huge difference... want to get him moving!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"