D.C. Area Babies

Boobs!

So I know I've asked this before, but it was a long time ago and I don't feel like clicking through my posts.

Moms who stopped bfing, how long did it take for your boobs to shrink/settle? And how much did they change from when you were bfing? I was a D or DD prior to breastfeeding, and I'm at least an E now, although I haven't been measured lately.

I am so ready to look less top-heavy! I am only 5'4", and being this busty makes me look disproportionate. I already told DH that after weaning, I am going to Nordstrom, getting measured, and buying some very expensive bras.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Boobs!

• It's been 5mos since I weaned. I was a 36C prior to pregnancies, that's what I always bought. I figured I am about a 38D right now. I went to Nordstroms to be measured b/c I kept hearing how they are the best at that. I was SHOCKED to discover I was a 32DDD (aka 32F) - WTF????? I then went to VS to get measured b/c I was so curious (I've been wearing VS bras for years before babies) and they measured me at 34D. So either I was really off before babies or actually did change sizes. I will probably buy 34DD from now on, although I did buy a 32DDD at Nordstroms that makes my boobs look I did not spend 1.5yrs pregnant and 28mo nursing. IT's now my special occasion bra and it was not cheap but totally worth it.

Sometimes I still get weird "I feel engorged" pains but they go away quickly. I think my boobs have "settled." I'd give yours a few more months.

• I was hoping to splurge at Nordstrom for my birthday in March, but maybe I'll have to wait longer. I have two more weeks before I wean from the pump, and I'll still nurse at night for at least a couple of months.
  • Loading the player...
  • I shake my fist at any and all mamas that got bigger post BFing.  I will be getting measured soon, and not only am I still lopsided, I'm pretty sure one side is now negative A cup.  Back to training bras for me.
  • I was a 36D for a long time, then lost some weight and was probably more like a C cup. After pregnancy/milk coming in, I was (only!) back up to a D. But I don't think they even stayed that big for that long--I think my 6-8 months pp, I was back to a C, and that's where I stayed after weaning. I might be an unusual case, though.

I will say that they're not too deflated, and everything's still pointing in the right direction (ahem), but they're definitely sitting slightly lower on my chest. And they feel less full? Like they're the same size but I think there is less fatty tissue in them . . . sad.

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• i was a 34D before kids. i ballooned up to a 38H while pregnant both times. after #1, i eventually settled at a 36DD. i'm still nursing #2 and I'm a 38G.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageladywalton:
    I shake my fist at any and all mamas that got bigger post BFing.  I will be getting measured soon, and not only am I still lopsided, I'm pretty sure one side is now negative A cup.  Back to training bras for me.

Yes

My boobs didn't grow one bit while pregnant or BFing so my former perky B cups are now sad little pancakes of skin that will probably just fill an A cup. Crying

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagebelizeitornot:

imageladywalton:
    I shake my fist at any and all mamas that got bigger post BFing.  I will be getting measured soon, and not only am I still lopsided, I'm pretty sure one side is now negative A cup.  Back to training bras for me.

Yes

My boobs didn't grow one bit while pregnant or BFing so my former perky B cups are now sad little pancakes of skin that will probably just fill an A cup. Crying

me too!  mine got a full cup size or more bigger (finally, real boobs!!!) while PG and at the start of BF, but since then they seem to be getting smaller and smaller, and lopsided too Crying boo!

• I have had three babies.

My boobs are deflated.

Sad face.

It took at least 6-8 months after weaning to really settle on a size after each baby. Don't go to Nordstroms until you're sure you've settled out. Smile

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"