Breastfeeding

supply question

my lil guy is a month old today and when i nurse him he eat from both breast for 15 mins each breast and when i pump i pump for 15 mins each breast  both every 3 hrs and get about 4 oz my question is how do i increase my milk supply because when i pump he eats what i pump and leaves no extra and i have no stash and would like to build one for energency and should he be eating that much

Re: supply question

• Ameda says you can pump 30-60min after a feeding, or at least an hour before a feeding.

So you basically have to keep the normal BFing routine, and pump inbetween. If you want to build a "stash" anways.

• He should be eating whatever he wants from the breast, and I wouldn't go above a 4 oz bottle. He might be satisfied with slightly less, but it's hard to tell because a baby will generally finish a bottle no matter what.

It's hard to get a stash going so soon, but what you would need to do is pump about half an hour after he finishes a feed. You'll get more if you do it in the morning, but I always found it easier to do when someone else was around to deal with the baby if he woke up early or otherwise needed attention. Don't worry, you'll have plenty for the next feed, it comes back fast.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"