February 2012 Moms
Options

*sigh* We've had the bassinet set up for months....

and the cats didn't bother it really. I had to shoo my male cat from sleeping the bottom half at the beginning, but he got over it.

I just walked by my bedroom door and saw his head poking out the top of the bassinet.

I guess I'll have to be more vigilant!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *sigh* We've had the bassinet set up for months....

• Options

We havent set the bassinet up yet, but I've caught one of my cats sitting in the crib.  It was funny/cute at the time, and he's only been caught in there once, but still...

I dont think he's gone back in though, cause it took him a little while to figure out how to get back out, lol.  I think he's afraid to get stuck in there!  Every time I've seen him in the baby's room since, he's asleep in the glider.

• Options
    Our cat think the glider is her own personal bed!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    while I dont have cats, my smaller dog hates the glider, because there is not room for him to sit with me in it, which I kinda like, but he keeps trying to crawl up into my lap if I sit in it and falls because with my belly there just isnt room!
  • Options
    My animals (a cat and a small dog) aren't allowed in the baby's room unattended. They've both been in there before and both seem pretty ambivalent to the furniture, but I want to make sure that they understand it's LO's stuff, not theirs.
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    Same story here! Our cats were sitting in the bottom of the bassinet, which I was okay with. Then they started sitting in the top, so I took all of the stuffed animals that we have gotten so far and filled the top of the bassinet so they can't get in! We just started keeping the door to the nursery closed so they couldn't get in there too. We've had the crib filled with stuff and things on top of the changing table for the last few months so they would get the point that there is not room for them on either piece of furniture! I do feel bad that they can't sit on the glider anymore though because they loved it!
  • Options
    I use ssscat in the crib and bassinet. its a motion sensor attached to a can of air so it blasts cold air on the cat when he jumps in. he only tried it once in each one and hasnt jumped in since. he hates those things so now if i just place it near something i dont even have to turn it on, he stays away.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I haven't tried this yet with our kitties, but I have also heard that putting a layer of aluminum foil in the bottom of the bassinet makes them very unhappy.  It is just there until baby arrives, then you remove it.  The theory being that instead of finding a cozy bassinet to sleep in, the cats land on the foil, don't like it and learn to leave the bassinet alone.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• Options
    Surprisingly our cat hasn't tried to get in anything...yet. I thought he would be trying to get in all the stuff but all he wants to do in there is sleep under the crib which I am ok with. Any time we can't find him, he is in there under the crib. So if that is all he does, I am ok with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"