Multiples
Options

Is it just me throwing away a ton of food?

I've always been a waste not, want not kind of girl. I recycle everything, use cloth diapers, reduce-reuse-repurpose. I'm feeling terrible about throwing away so much food after the LOs meals. Between falling on the floor, highchair, leaving some behind, picky eating etc. It just seems like so much waste. I think they're going through an independent phase, liking something one meal and refusing it the next. I never know what or how much they'll eat... Is this just us? Any tips for picky eaters? How long does this last? TY
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is it just me throwing away a ton of food?

• Options
    We're in the same boat...ugh! I threw away fish & veggies from dinner and a piece of leftover pizza (backup dinner). Hoping for some good tips :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Notes:
  • Options
    we throw a ton away, still, as well.  Our dogs get whatever lands on the floor.  I started giving the kids less food on their plates and if they finish I ask if they want more then give them more.  This helps a bit.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know when it gets better....we still throw away tons of food. Their best meal is breakfast so I know I'm pretty safe to give them a normal amount at that meal but the rest are chancy. I have drastically reduced their portions. If they want more I give them little bits at a time, sometimes they ask for more but they really just play with it
  • Options

We dole out small portions to start with. And (though I probably shouldn't admit it here) we've been known to pick food up off the floor and put it back in their bowls. Embarrassed

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"