Attachment Parenting
Options

NAPR: Squeeee- went to the French Embassy today

All our paperwork is in order. We're cleared to leave. Our resident visas will be ready for pick up on Tuesday morning and now it's just a matter of getting DH's job to sign off on the price of the flights we provisionally booked for next weekend.

I am simultaneously jumping for joy and wondering how crazy the next week will be.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NAPR: Squeeee- went to the French Embassy today

• Options
    I can't believe it's so close now! I'm hoping the next week isn't too stressful, but I'm sure it's going to be nuts. Just make to do lists & take lots of deep breaths. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Bonne chance!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP 02/04/2011;EDD 10/14/2011;Induced due to pre-e 09/07/2011;Jack born 09/08/2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't even imagine making a change that huge. How exciting!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    How exciting! Congrats and just try and enjoy it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeahh, paperwork is so taxing. I can talk to you about crazy week though, we are moving into our new place tomorrow. And have no furniture...
    Single mom of DD (2010), TTC #2 since June 2013.
    Occasionally I'm blogging about my life with flybaby.
  • Options

imageLouiseB2001:
    Yeahh, paperwork is so taxing. I can talk to you about crazy week though, we are moving into our new place tomorrow. And have no furniture...

If only you were moving to NY. We're leaving all of our furniture here.

Did you pack your stuff in containers or did you just decide to repurchase furniture on that end?

• Options
    imageanna7602:

imageLouiseB2001:

If only you were moving to NY. We're leaving all of our furniture here.

Did you pack your stuff in containers or did you just decide to repurchase furniture on that end?

See that's the thing: We did pack *everything* because work paid and I was tired of purchasing new furniture whenever I move country. We had some really nice pieces we wanted to keep. But as plans go, the container is delayed and we can't stay in our temporary apartment any longer. So we are moving to the new place with provisional stuff. And I feel ridiculous having to buy stuff we already have like kitchen dishes and utensils, not to talk about sofa and tables. It just dawned upon me this afternoon that we have no lamps since European apartments don't come with ceiling lights (attachments, yes, actual lamps, no). I bought two rice paper lamps but we have no ladder to reach! And so the story goes. 

Did you sublet your place in NY? 

• Options

Poor Louise! I have a friend with two apartments' worth of furniture in Argentina right now due to a similar delayed container issue. At least there's IKEA, right?

We're subletting to a friend of mine who doesn't have a lot of her own stuff. She even offered to pack up all my books and dishes when she moves in so she can use our shelves and cabinets. Now I am just trying to do a mad sweep/re-org of everything "important" so I know where to find it when I return.

• Options
    imageanna7602:

Now I am just trying to do a mad sweep/re-org of everything "important" so I know where to find it when I return.

That is such a good idea! Every time I think 'oh I'll remember where I put that'. Not in a year/two years time, hey not even in a months' time. I have gotten pretty good in writing thorough lists of the content of boxes :-) 

• Options

Doodler, I am certain there will be some breakdown moment due to something I have no way of anticipating now, like not finding peanut butter at the gourmet food market even though I checked and they had peanut butter on the shelf when I visited in November. I totally get that it's the really little things that can throw you off when you're in a foreign country.

I am so laid back about some things and so super uptight about others, it's always interesting to see the contrast vividly when I'm in a stressful situation (although it's not quite interesting during, just when I reflect on it afterwards!).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"