Natural Birth
Options

Placenta Encapsulation

Hi Ladies!

I am going to try placenta encapsulation.  I am a FTM, and it's natural and can help with PPD, milk supply, energy, etc so why not give it a shot.

My question is to the women that have tried it or know of someone that has.  Did you find it helped you?  Do you have any observations/experiences or know of others that you can share?

Thanks a bunch!

Re: Placenta Encapsulation

• Options
    I have two sister in laws that have done it and LOVED it.  They have both said they wish they would have done it with their previous pregnancies and would reccomend it to anyone.  Both of them agree that it makes you feel so much better.  It helped with mood, milk production and they were sad when they ran out.  I plan on doing it too.  I'm glad you posted this.  I haven't talked to my friends about it because they would think I'm crazy.

Riley is going to be a big brother to a little sister due April 19th!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Does anyone know about how much it costs? I'm really interested but haven't researched the costs!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a FTM and I already made arrangements to have mine encapsulated. I received a discount because I went with the preferred doula through my birth center. It's $175 and I'll have them on my third day PP
    Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Options

imagenonoemily:
    I'm a FTM and I already made arrangements to have mine encapsulated. I received a discount because I went with the preferred doula through my birth center. It's $175 and I'll have them on my third day PP

Awesome - thx for the info. I'm delivering with a MW group at a hospital so I'll have to see what kind of info they have about the process.  

• Options
    I'm doing mine with my home-birth midwife for 200. she said she will bring it by the next day when they come to do a check up with me.
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • Options
    I'm paying $250 here in the Southwest. I hope it helps with energy and PP bleeding in particular ... I have a toddler to chase!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageKatieP71312:
    Does anyone know about how much it costs? I'm really interested but haven't researched the costs!

I charge $150 and it includes an infusion, the cord as a keepsake if you'd like, and a print or two along with the pills.  It really varies by the area and what you get for the price. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I did my own after my DDs birth 2 DPP, not too bad. I thought it helped me tons! I was a FTM, so I had no personal experience with PPD, but I could tell when I needed an extra dose and it always helped. I would take 2 capsules in the am, 1 in the pm and I had enough for 2 or 3 months and some extra doses when I needed it. Here is a good link to some instructions, with pictures: (NOTE: you can use your oven on the lowest temperature it will go, with the door cracked to dehydrate it too, rather than buying a dehydrator if you don't have one, and you do not have to use herbs. The capsules and encapsulator can be bought online, on ebay even.)

https://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1577334/Placenta_Encapsulation_Instructions_w_Pictures

Mom to 3 wonderful Free Birthed kiddos
  • Options

I got mine done for free from a student who was learning how -- after receiving initial training, they are supposed to provide 5 free ones as a service to the community before starting to charge. 

However I must say I didn't ever really feel I needed them.  My mood & energy levels were great after giving birth and I didn't notice any signs of PPD within the first few months.  I never took them.  They're in my freezer because they can be kept to help with "times of transition," PMS, menopause etc. 

My milk supply is on the lower end, but it's been enough.  Maybe had I taken the pills regularly I might have gotten slightly more; who knows.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"