Pregnant after 35
Options

Well, if this isn't a kick in the shorts....

I work very part-time for a great boss. We have a great relationship and I'm good friends with his wife and know his kids really well.  Well, the last couple of months have been very slow at work (read..lots of time on the internet, reading books, etc). Today when I got to work, he said he'd like to have a "pow-wow". OK, it's the end of the year, and we usually have one this time of year.  Well, to make a long story short, he let me go. A business decision he said, which I understand; I mean, there isn't a heck of alot for me to do there anymore. 

I think I handled it really well, I didn't get emotional or anything like that.  He didn't know I was PG yet, but I told him after he fired me....just in case he didn't feel badly enough...HAHA!

But what really sucks about this is that my hubby hasn't worked in over a month and my income was the only one we have at this point.  So I am a little freaked about what the future will hold. But we've always had strong faith in God and when things are left up to Him, He's always taken care of us somehow. I trust the same will happen this time, we've been through really rough patches before and survived. I just happen to be PG this time.  HMMMM.....

Not sure if I even want to look for another job, I mean, I'll be off on maternity leave in 7 months anyhow, and don't really want to work when baby bean is here. But I may have to, we'll see.

Sorry this was so long. It helps to sort things out after typing them out. I feel better already.

BabyFetus Ticker Me (38) and DH (39)have 2 amazing boys, 8 & 10 who are going to be thru the roof excited about this new unexpected, surprise! January Siggy Challenge - Favorite Childhood Movie/Book imageimage "My name is Indigo Montoya. You killed my father...prepare to die..."

Re: Well, if this isn't a kick in the shorts....

• Options
    Oh man, that stinks!  I don't know how you didn't get emotional.  Good for you.  I know this has to be really scary.  Good Luck to both you and your hubby finding something else soon. 
  • Options
    I will be keeping you in my thoughts and sending you positive vibes!!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That's horrible. So sorry for you. I took a job pregnant knowing full well I wouldn't qualify for FMLA and would most likely lose my job when I went on leave. But, I needed the income and insurance. Remember, you don't HAVE to tell them you're pregnant, and they definitely can't ASK. Oh, and pregnancy cannot be considered a preexisting condition.

However, on unemployment, you should qualify for emergency medicaid. GL, and keep us posted!

• Options
    Ugh, what terrible timing.  I hope YH is able to find something soon and things work out okay. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    That sucks!  Sending T&P that things work out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh wow that sucks!!  You and your DH are in my thoughts and prayers.  I am confident everything will work out. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, gals! It's nice knowing I have some support in my corner..all will turn out OK, one way or another. Things could be worse, I keep telling myself...
    BabyFetus Ticker Me (38) and DH (39)have 2 amazing boys, 8 & 10 who are going to be thru the roof excited about this new unexpected, surprise! January Siggy Challenge - Favorite Childhood Movie/Book imageimage "My name is Indigo Montoya. You killed my father...prepare to die..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"