Baby Showers

Gifts without cards

OK girls, I need your opinions on what to do... We have gotten a few gifts for Lilah that didn't have a card.  I don't know how to find out who they are from.  I have asked my parents if any of their friends said they sent that particular gift.  The ones from websites I have contacted the website asking for the name of purchaser... some have given some have not.  Yesterday, I called Bloomingdales to see who sent us the big bear, they had no way of looking it up. 

Any ideas for trying to figure out who sent the gifts other than just waiting to see if they call and ask if we got it?  I want to be able to send the TY note....

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

Re: Gifts without cards

• Sounds like you've done a good job trying to track people down. At this point, I would just tell people you are close to (mother, MIL, sister, close friends) that you got some gifts without any notes and you haven't been able to track down the gift giver. Some people might feel uncomfortable asking you directly, so they might ask these other people if you got it. For instance, I sent a baby gift to a friend last year (with a return address so she would have known who it was from if she had received it) and had not received any thank you or notification that she had received it for months. I knew she was busy with a new baby, so I asked her best friend who was frequently at her house if she knew whether or not she had gotten it - explaining that I wasn't waiting for my thank you, but I wanted to know if the package had gotten to her.
  • Maybe you can send general thank you notes after all named people are accounted for to everyone else thanking them for coming to the shower (assuming you had one and they came) and then say something like thank you to whoever so generously gave us x gift.  I"d love to personally thank you but I'm not sure who the gift came from? 
  • Loading the player...
  • You mean people still buy cards when there are books out there? I mean come on people, if you are going to get me a gift go all the way and get a book too. 

I agree with PP, you have done your do diligence by trying to track them down. I wouldn't worry about it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAdam&Eve07:

You mean people still buy cards when there are books out there? I mean come on people, if you are going to get me a gift go all the way and get a book too. 

I agree with PP, you have done your do diligence by trying to track them down. I wouldn't worry about it. 

Yup, I lol'd.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • imageBallSox:
    imageAdam&Eve07:

You mean people still buy cards when there are books out there? I mean come on people, if you are going to get me a gift go all the way and get a book too. 

Yup, I lol'd.   

Damn that cheapskate who didn't have Bloomingdales tie a book to the bear's ear... I should have refused the package!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• imageLiz4444:
    imageBallSox:
    imageAdam&Eve07:

Yup, I lol'd.   

Damn that cheapskate who didn't have Bloomingdales tie a book to the bear's ear... I should have refused the package!

They're obviously very selfish and like to punch little elderly blind nuns. You don't want to acknowledge people like that anyways.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • imageLiz4444:
    imageBallSox:
    imageAdam&Eve07:

Yup, I lol'd.   

If they had then you would have known who sent it! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If there's no card...there's no thank you note.  I got a couple wedding gifts with no cards and they sadly didn't get a card thanking them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"