Parenting after a Loss
Options

Cloth diaper mommas... (AW my DD)

My formerly 7lb newborn is currently wearing her first one-size BumGenius... and it fits!  They grow up so fast. *tear*  lol
TTC since January 2010
BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cloth diaper mommas... (AW my DD)

• Options
    Yay! I was so happy when we switched to the bigger size. I kept her in NB way too long and suffered many leaks because of it! But I just couldn't admit she was growing that fast, it's a good thing, obv, but so sad!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageitsmegin:
    Yay! I was so happy when we switched to the bigger size. I kept her in NB way too long and suffered many leaks because of it! But I just couldn't admit she was growing that fast, it's a good thing, obv, but so sad!

In retrospect, we did this too.  She had been peeing out of her BG x-small for a week or two, but we thought she was becoming a super heavy wetter and just started changing her more frequently.  I never even thought she might be big enough for the next size up, haha!  

I'm so glad she is on OS now though because we have way more of them than her newborn diapers... hello, less laundry!  Wink  But I'm still slightly sad my baby is growing up so fast!  

TTC since January 2010

Loss Blog | Life Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay!  I was excited when DS was able to start wearing the OS dipes.  A whole new diaper wardrobe opened up!  I agree though, Gin, when my little guy became too big for the newborn diapers, I had to fight back feelings of sadness about my little guy growing up too fast.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options
    How much does she weigh now? I was just looking at my OS stash this morning trying to decide whether or not to try them yet. I think they might fit. I think I decided to keep using NB as long as we can, though, since the OS ones will be used for so much longer and I figured that the longer I wait to use them, the longer they will last. We are getting leaks with the NBs but they still aren't on the biggest snaps yet so IDK.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options
    Yay! I am still putting DD in the NB dipes. The OS just look so huge and she has skinny little thighs. I do have some size small FB, so maybe I will try those today.
  • Options
    We have the OS too.  We're going to use 'sposies until DD fits them.  Good to know it might only take a month or so.  Paper diapers are $$$!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageColleenS629:
    How much does she weigh now? I was just looking at my OS stash this morning trying to decide whether or not to try them yet.

She weighs 9.5 lbs now but still has skinny little chicken legs, and the OS still fits her.  Its a little bulky in the crotch, but so far they're working... we've had one wet and two bm + wet diapers and no leaks yet! 

TTC since January 2010

Loss Blog | Life Blog

• Options
    Yay how exciting! I have to put DD is sposies for a bit because she's got a yeasty diaper rash that just won't quit, so we have to put a whole bunch of creams on her that I don't want messing up my dipes. I'm kind of nervous that by the time she gets done with them she may not fit in any of her NB size anymore!

Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place.
    Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace.
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options

imageFroggy76:
    Yay! I am still putting DD in the NB dipes. The OS just look so huge and she has skinny little thighs. I do have some size small FB, so maybe I will try those today.

My DD still has skinny little thighs too, but the OS still fit!  You might be surprised.  I also put her in a small BG diaper last night and saw how well it fit, that I decided to brave the OS this morning... you might want to give the small at try!  Smile

TTC since January 2010

Loss Blog | Life Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"