Special Needs
Options

My uncle has a theory

I was talking to my Uncle Joe  yesterday. He is gaurdian over my cousin ( his brother's son) who has Downs. He was saying that he never really believed in a higher power but lately he's been thinking if there is a higher power he created people with Downs for a very specific purpose. He thinks they are angels on earth.He said my cousin is completely unable to see bad in the world. He greets everyone he sees with a smile and compliment and spreads joy wherever he goes. Its true and It made me cry.

My cousin was a real handful growing up. He had a lot of impulse control issues and caused a lot of stress and grief, but to see the man he is now..he is such a beautiful person!

Re: My uncle has a theory

• Options

I would like to agree with that.

The only nice and helpful thing a friend has said to me (among all the dumb comments from everyone else) is that Marley has a purpose in this world. I like to think that she will touch and affect the people around her and teach them something really special about having disabilities and looking different.

Bravo to your uncle!?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like that theory.  It sounds like your uncle has a pretty special place in this world, too!  Angel
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like that theory  :)
  • Options

I would agree to that too. My sister has Cornelia de Langue Syndrome and is multiply and severly handicapped. She has such a light around her and is so welcoming, loving and friendly to everyone that she comes into contact with. I just adore her.

The flip side of that is that you worry about people taking advantage! It can certainly be a scary world out there with dishonest and shady people. Having people like my sister Megan in the world to balance that out is a true blessing!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"