High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Difference between MFM Appt and OB Appt

Just got my referral to MFM today and have never seen one before. I know everyone's experience is a little different but I wondered what the difference usually is between an appointment with the MFM and an appointment with the OB. I'm seeing the MFM due to IUD pregnancy so I'm assuming he's mostly going to be concerned with the IUD...idk just wondering what to expect. TIA!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Difference between MFM Appt and OB Appt

• Options
    Longer & better ultra sound scans at the MFM.  Smile  If you're still pretty early there isn't too much more they can do except sit and discuss the risks with you and what they're concerned with.  My advice:  Write your questions down ahead of time and write the doctors answers down on the same notebook and keep it with you the whole pg to refer to and continue asking questions.  Good luck - hope it's a good appointment. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelisac1017:
    Write your questions down ahead of time and write the doctors answers down on the same notebook and keep it with you the whole pg to refer to and continue asking questions. 

I love this idea. I've been writing questions for the OB down on post it notes when I think of them but the MFM will probably have better answers when it comes to additional restrictions, risks and milestones. And I hadn't even thought about keeping a notebook with all of my questions and the answers throughout the pregnancy. Thanks!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"