Babies: 9 - 12 Months

How much milk/formula is your LO drinking?

My 9.5 month old eats 3 solid meals a day and gets a pack of mum-mums and some puffs as well. He drinks a minimum of 30oz of BM a day. I am just wondering at what point will the milk feedings decrease. How old is your LO and how much are they drinking?

Re: How much milk/formula is your LO drinking?

• LO is getting about 2.5 solid meals a day (I say this .5 because the morning breakfast is very skimpy). She is taking in about 25oz of breastmilk a day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We do 3 solid meals a day, sometimes 2 depending on the schedule and then a few snacks.  Mum mums, puffs, lentil beans, brown rice and hummus, home made teething biscuits, crackers and things like that.  DD is still eating over 30oz of formula.  At her 9 month appt the ped said that we needed to start to cut back on the formula but, she is hungry so I haven't started that yet.  She is sleeping 12 hours a night but getting up to eat once maybe twice a night still.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemrsnorthernbell:
    We do 3 solid meals a day, sometimes 2 depending on the schedule and then a few snacks.  Mum mums, puffs, lentil beans, brown rice and hummus, home made teething biscuits, crackers and things like that.  DD is still eating over 30oz of formula.  At her 9 month appt the ped said that we needed to start to cut back on the formula but, she is hungry so I haven't started that yet.  She is sleeping 12 hours a night but getting up to eat once maybe twice a night still.  

I do the same thing and my LO averages anywhere between 30 - 34oz of formula.  However, my LO STTN.  It's working for us, so I am not planning on changing anything just yet.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • She eats three solid meals a day plus a snack at daycare.  She still drinks close to 30 oz. of formula each day!  Honestly, her intake has increased from 9.5 to 11 months (maybe because we switched to formula, maybe not?).  

Also, I really don't think it's a bad thing for them to drink a lot of milk/formula.  I always expected she would until at least 12 months if not longer.  My opinion is that when she is ready, she'll cut back.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She has done 24 oz a day since she was four months old and has never really varied from it.
  • Wow. Guess we are in the minority. My 10 month old DD barely drinks any formula now.  I keep trying - but over the last couple weeks, she's just basically refused it.

We BF twice a day and I offer formula at least 3-4 times in between.  No idea how much she gets during the BF sessions, but lately she's only drinking about 5 oz of formula. (so I'd estimate maybe 13-17oz total including BM).

She loves her solids though - she has 3 pretty large meals and an afternoon snack.  

• imagedaisygirl2010:

Wow. Guess we are in the minority. My 10 month old DD barely drinks any formula now.  I keep trying - but over the last couple weeks, she's just basically refused it.

We BF twice a day and I offer formula at least 3-4 times in between.  No idea how much she gets during the BF sessions, but lately she's only drinking about 5 oz of formula. (so I'd estimate maybe 13-17oz total including BM).

She loves her solids though - she has 3 pretty large meals and an afternoon snack.  

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • imagedaisygirl2010:

Wow. Guess we are in the minority. My 10 month old DD barely drinks any formula now.  I keep trying - but over the last couple weeks, she's just basically refused it.

My LO is 10 months old and he went from two 5oz bottles and one 3oz at daycare to now eating two 4 ounce bottles.  I estimate he gets about 21-25 ounces of BM per day.  He eats three meals and occationally has snacks.  He occationally drinks water from a sippy, and when at his dads house his dad gives him water/juice combo (my not wanting him to have a lot of juice, but not much I can do on my end)

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • He gets between 20 and 26 oz of BM at daycare (depending on how many times he eats) plus he nurses in the morning, once in the evening, and then 4-6 oz before bed.  He also gets a meal and snack at daycare and then dinner in the evening.  Something tells me his pedi is going to tell us to cut back when I take him in for his 9 month appt next week.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • A has 3 8 oz bottles and 3 6-8 oz solids meals plus 1 snack every day. Although he has never had more than 28 oz of BM/formula per day in his life.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2 containers of solids (sleeps through dinner) and 30 oz of milk/formula. He'll snack on puffs or mum mums throughout the day. He's a little guy (only in the 9th %) so we aren't anywhere near decreasing his milk/formula intake
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • She's still getting about 32 oz of formula plus 3 solid meals! I'm anticipating being told to cut back on formula at her 9 month appointment on Jan. 5th, but I'm not going to force her to cut back if she isn't ready.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"