Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

strawberries?

Has anyone fed ur lo strawberries yet? I was told not to till 1 year. But I ran out of grape jelly so I gave him strawberry jam that I had made a few weeks ago. He seems to like it.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: strawberries?

• Options
    We were told strawberries after 9 months. I put a little in her elbow pit first. If she was going to be very sensitive to it she may have had a reaction there.  Processed strawberries and fresh will react with the baby differently.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feed homemade strawberry puree all the time. I simply put it on the stove in some water and stir. He loves that stuff. I have done bits of uncooked strawberries but not too often. He hasn't had a problem with them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecruelsound:
    Eh, I didn't know that you were supposed to wait until a certain point to introduce them. He's been chowing on them since about 7 months or so.

It's supposed to be one of the more allergy prone items, but I think only if it's not cooked or unprocessed. I was only extra careful because my brother was very allergic.

• Options
    Are all berries a no-no? I bought some blackberries yesterday and my MIL said not to give them to her.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Pedi said it was fine to proceed with everything except honey and peanut butter after her 9 month appt. She has also shown zero allergies to anything else.
  • Options

imageEVA116:
    Are all berries a no-no? I bought some blackberries yesterday and my MIL said not to give them to her.

Blueberries are fine, blackberries and raspberries are in the same strawberry category.

https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/strawberrybabyfoodrecipes.htm

• Options
    I've given Caroline raw strawberries for a few months. She loves them!
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    He's had them since about 7 months, I think.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"