Pittsburgh Babies

Baby Shower locations in Pittsburgh or Monroeville area

Does anyone have any recommendations on baby shower locations in the Pittsburgh or Monroeville/Murrysville areas? I'm looking to have my baby shower mid February and will have about 40 women in attendance. One of the things I definitely want is a private room. 

Any ideas??

Re: Baby Shower locations in Pittsburgh or Monroeville area

• Springwood Conference Center. I know it's called a conference center but it's very pretty. I had my wedding there and they also hold smaller events. https://www.springwood.org/main.html
  • Thank you so much for the suggestion! Ironically, I also had my wedding there and absolutely LOVED that place. That might be a neat idea to have my baby shower there too.  :-)

• Loading the player...
  • The Wooden Nickel in Monroeville! https://www.thewoodennickelrestaurant.com/Banquets.html

They have 2 spaces (Private)--one holds 40 and the other holds 80! And the food is FANTASTIC!!! 

• imagenzellie1:

Thank you so much for the suggestion! Ironically, I also had my wedding there and absolutely LOVED that place. That might be a neat idea to have my baby shower there too.  :-)

What a small world! 

• My friend held her shower at Jaden's in Murrysville. They're a catering place but they've got a couple banquet rooms. It's very reasonably priced and the food was wonderful. I guess you have to order the cake through them, but the cake I had there was AMAZING (they wouldn't disclose the bakery they used when asked, however).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagetgurlem218:

The Wooden Nickel in Monroeville! https://www.thewoodennickelrestaurant.com/Banquets.html

They have 2 spaces (Private)--one holds 40 and the other holds 80! And the food is FANTASTIC!!! 

I didn't know they had banquet rooms there. But they get a lot of complaints there (and have poor online reviews). DH and I ate there only once and we were extremely disappointed both with the food and the service. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageblueeyedgirl27:
    imagetgurlem218:

The Wooden Nickel in Monroeville! https://www.thewoodennickelrestaurant.com/Banquets.html

I didn't know they had banquet rooms there. But they get a lot of complaints there (and have poor online reviews). DH and I ate there only once and we were extremely disappointed both with the food and the service. 

They are now under new management and seem to have improved.  We used to go to dinner there all the time but more recently had some big renovations so we haven't gone back.  I had a sprinkle for my friend there and did the pasta buffet.  It was REALLY good, the room was very nice, and the service was great.  It's nice and not too expensive.

Gateway firehall is another options as well as the harrison room in Harrison City ( a little past murrysville)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My bridal shower was @ Jaden's. For 40 people they would probably put you in the downstairs room. It was nice and the food was good, but I didn't like the fact that there was a flight of steps, considering my husband's grandmother and great aunt were in their 80's. 

Bella Luna in Murrysville can do a private room, but not sure of it's size.

I hosted a bridal shower for a friend at Pugliano's in Plum / Holiday Park. It was spacious and the food and service was good. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you all for your suggestions - I have been considering The Wooden Nickel in Monroeville but wasn't sure if anyone had any experiences with it. It was a place suggested to me by a friend because I hadn't been there before. I'm going to meet w/them in person tomorrow to check it out. I'm also going to check out Jaden's as I've heard alot of people including some of you have had their showers there. Although, I'm not interested in a downstairs location as I'll have elderly women attending and it would be too difficult for them to get up & down the stairs. I called Bella Luna and I don't think they can accommodate what I need. I will check out Pugliano's too. 

Thank you all...such great suggestions!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"