Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Naps for 9-10 month Olds

Just curious...How many naps a day does your LO get, and at what times and how long are they?

Thanks!

Edit to Add: How do they sleep at night?

BFP #1 2/10/10: No HB on 4/29/10 at 15 wk, D&C 4/30/10, Baby measured 11-12 wks. First Pregnancy and first loss. BFP #2 7/25/10: Blake Daniel arrived 3/25/11 BFP #3 3/9/12: Our Turkey Baby! Due Date: 11/19/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: Naps for 9-10 month Olds

• My LO is 10.5 months and takes two naps a day, both around 1.5 hours. One sometime between 9-10 and another around 2-3. She goes to sleep around 7p and wakes around 7a. She's had this schedule since she was about 5/6 months old. She starting to fight her afternoon nap. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • At home, DD takes 2 naps, one around 9:30/10am for usually 45min-1hr, then again around 12:30/1pm for around 2hrs. She sleeps at night from 8pm-7am. At daycare, she skips the morning nap and sleeps for about 3 hrs in the afternoon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • 2 naps per day. Times and length vary slightly every day.

On a normal day, he wakes at 7am, naps by 9 or 9:30 for 45 minutes to 1.5hrs.

Second nap around 1:30 for 1.5 to 2 hrs long.

Then bed by 7:30ish and sleeps until 7am.

Overall, I think he's a great sleeper. My older son took longer naps but was usually awake by 6am or 6:30 at latest. I can handle shorter naps for the later morning wake time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageThe future Mrs. Minter:
    My LO is 10.5 months and takes two naps a day, both around 1.5 hours. One sometime between 9-10 and another around 2-3. She goes to sleep around 7p and wakes around 7a. She's had this schedule since she was about 5/6 months old. She starting to fight her afternoon nap. 

This, almost exactly!  DD doesn't fight any of her naps though.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageThe future Mrs. Minter:
    My LO is 10.5 months and takes two naps a day, both around 1.5 hours. One sometime between 9-10 and another around 2-3. She goes to sleep around 7p and wakes around 7a. She's had this schedule since she was about 5/6 months old. She starting to fight her afternoon nap. 

That is kind of why I asked, the afternoon nap fighting.  This is almost exaxtly our LO, just goes to bed closer to 8:30pm and is up between 7:30-8am.  Lately he has been wanting to push the morning morning nap back, and fight to get another one in.  Or holds off on the afternoon nap until later evening which then pushes back his bedtime.  Just curious what others were experiencing.

BFP #1 2/10/10: No HB on 4/29/10 at 15 wk, D&C 4/30/10, Baby measured 11-12 wks. First Pregnancy and first loss. BFP #2 7/25/10: Blake Daniel arrived 3/25/11 BFP #3 3/9/12: Our Turkey Baby! Due Date: 11/19/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • It has been changing recently, I think mainly due to her doing do much more active things like crawling and cruising like crazy. She has been going down around 11 and sleeping for an hour or more. Usually another nap around 3 for 1-2 hours. She was forever my 40 minute napper twice a day, so this has been a welcome change. She typically goes to bed at 8 and wakes by 7. She may stir 1-2 times a night, sometimes STTN. It is always random.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A is almost 11 months but his nap schedule has been the same for the last couple months.

He sleeps 8 - 7ish at night and then goes down between 10 and 11 and sleeps an hour and then down between 3 and 4 for an hour.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My daughter wakes at around 7:45-8:00am. Takes her first nap at around 9:30-10:00, which lasts for about 1 1/2-2hrs. She then takes a second nap at around 3pm, which is normally for another hr or two. If I am lucky, she takes a 3rd, short nap before DH gets home from work. She generally sleeps through the night but has been waking up once or twice for the past week.... I think it has to do with teething.
    Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• Our little guy never really liked to nap for me early on, but since around 6mths he finally got into a pattern.  He sleeps from about 7:40/8:00pm - 8:00/8:30am, and he goes down for a nap around 11:00am and sleeps for 2-3hours!

• DS wakes up around 6-6:30 

Will nap around 9:30/10ish and sleep for 1.5 hours

another nap around 2:30-3ish and sleep for 1.5 hours

Bedtime is 8:30. 

He can STTN but between teething and his cold he hasn't been.  

• imageCarolinaDaisy:

2 naps per day. Times and length vary slightly every day.

Overall, I think he's a great sleeper. My older son took longer naps but was usually awake by 6am or 6:30 at latest. I can handle shorter naps for the later morning wake time.

This is us exactly!

• imageITGurl0626:
    imageCarolinaDaisy:

2 naps per day. Times and length vary slightly every day.

This is us exactly!

This is us almost exactly, too, except he goes to bed normally around 8:00

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • L just turned 10m, and she takes 2 1.5 hour naps a day.  She used to sleep OK at night, only getting up twice, but the past few weeks she has been up every 3 hours (teeth and/or growth spurt?).  I can't get her to nap less, and if she does, that doesn't make her sleep better at night anyways.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Do a lot of babies around the age of 8 or 9 months fight taking naps? What cues does your baby give you to show you that they are tired?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"