LGBT Parenting
Options

Well...

We had a regular u/s today and I'm 13 weeks and I asked what the tech thought about the gender at this time. After baby moving all over the place, he gave us plenty of views in between his legs and there seems to be an obvious penis there. We will go back in 2 weeks to confirm but the tech said she was 80/20 on a boy! We are stoked! :)

Re: Well...

• Options
    Thats sooo exciting! Are you going to start buying boy stuff now or wait another 2 weeks? Im 7 weeks on saturday and am counting down till I get to go shopping. I have been trying to wait because I do not want to go gender neutral yellow...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers My bio Last Updated: 12/1/09 http://tinyurl.com/7zz6z7u
  • Options
    Congratulations! :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Please don't take this as me trying to be a downer... but at 13 weeks both boys and girls have a nub. If you have an experienced enough tech then sometimes they can tell from the angle of the nub, but its not 100%.

https://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

I hope you get your confirmation in 2 weeks though! 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Options
    Also, if it is a penis, that's the baby's sex, not gender, which is yet to be determined.
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageJoySeattle:
    Also, if it is a penis, that's the baby's sex, not gender, which is yet to be determined.

AMEN! :-)

PG with our 1st miracle baby after 1 yr of TTC BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!!  The MD told us we were having B/G twins at 12 weeks, and she was right!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

@ JoySeattle - so true! ;) As for it being 13 weeks, I know it is a bit early and they both have nubs but our tech is very experienced and said she was 80/20 but to come back in 2 weeks which we will definitely be there for the true "sex" scan. ;) I will post a pic in just a sec and see what you guys think just for fun. We bought some blue/boy stuff yesterday but we are keeping the tags on for now! Thanks everyone!

• Options
    imageMeegs10.13.06:

Please don't take this as me trying to be a downer... but at 13 weeks both boys and girls have a nub. If you have an experienced enough tech then sometimes they can tell from the angle of the nub, but its not 100%.

https://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

I hope you get your confirmation in 2 weeks though! 

• Options
    @Meegs10.13.06: I tried to reply to you in quote, but I must have hit enter before I even typed anything. ;) That was a very interesting website! The earliest we tried to see the sex with our first child (DD) was 15-16 weeks and there was NOTHING there...so they didn't want to confirm it then either...like it was hiding the potential penis from us lol. But because of these pics looking so different from what we're used to, we really just feel like because of how the u/s tech talked to us and the angle of the dangle (LOL), that this genitalia isn't going back inside! Ha ha. Can't wait to see what you guys think of the pics I posted! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"