Parenting after a Loss

I shouldn't have read posts of 0-3Months

It seems likes everyone's babies are doing 8hr stretches at night and everyone is back to their pre-pregnancy weight.  At least the people who posted on that board.  I am so jealous.  DS is doing 4-5hr stretches of sleep at night.  He did one 7hr stretch, which I am pretty sure was a fluke Sad.  And I have 18lbs or so to loose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  I cannot fit any of my pre-pregnancy pants and don't have any hopes for that either because I think my hips just changed.  boooooo, vent over.
BFP 1: 08Aug10, EDD: 14Apr11, D&E 11Sep10 BFP 2: 29Jan11, EDD: 12Oct11, DS born 07Oct11!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I shouldn't have read posts of 0-3Months

• That sucks! Though, sometimes I think those are the only stories people actually post. No one wants to hear "My baby didn't sleep through the night until 12 mo, and even though she's 19 mo now,I could still stand to lose 15 lbs" (That's my story, BTW. Sorry it's not very inspiring, but I can definitely commiserate!)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • If it's any consolation, my 9 month old still doesn't STTN. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Me too on all counts! I got one 7 hour stretch one time, then she was doing 4-5, but since Christmas she's back down to 1-2 hours. I have 15lbs to lose to get back down, and I've definitely plateaued. I lost all but 5 lbs in the first few days postpartum. I'm just do dang hungry I don't see how anymore will come off.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Don't worry, there's just bias in who posts.  Just wait until later when it seems like everyone's baby is walking at 10 months.
  • Oh D, you are so not the only one in that boat! You've read more than enough of my issues with sleep and a colicky cranky LO, and I've got a good 12 lbs to go to get to my prepregnancy weight. I am with you. ((hugs))

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• It's all relative.  I'm all excited because my LO just started sleeping 2-3 hours the past 3 nights.  We started with 20-30 minutes at a time, then 1 hour, now this (hoping it's consistent and keeps increasing). 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ........ born 11/16/11 at 36 weeks weighing 3 lbs, 6 oz
  • You are not alone! It is the same way on the November BMB, most of the ladies are BELOW their pre-pregnancy weight (at least the ones that respond to these posts)! Really?! I have another 15 ponds to go and I can comiserate with you on the hips...mine are definitely wider and I am not sure they will go back.
    BFP #1 5/9/10 - Missed MC detected and D&C 7/2/10 BFP #2 11/24/10 - slow rising, non doubling betas - MX shot 12/6/10 BFP #3 3/7/11 - beta @ 13dpo 63, beta @ 15dpo 183 - please be our take home baby! Alex born 11/13/11!
  • They are all lying liars. LOL! 

DD just started STTN about 3 weeks ago and while she does STTN, that means she is up at 4:30 most days.  And I just got back to my pre pregnancy weight when DD turned 11 months and I've been stuck there for over a month even though I still have 15 pounds to lose.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• It's really hard to read about sleep, I always feel like DS is the worst sleeper in the world when I go on those boards. The most we ever got out of him was 7 hours, but it was because he got shots, screamed non stop for 2 hours and was given Tylenol. Sometimes we get 3-4 hours, but often it's much less. And don't worry, a lot of those babies that sleep now will stop sleeping at 4 months. 
  • If it makes you feel better, I didn't even get 4-5 hour stretches from her until 8 months and it wasn't remotely consistent even then. At 3 months she was still up every 45 minutes to 2 hours.

And I didn't finish losing my pg weight until I went back to work at 5+ months nor do my clothes fit properly even now, with the weight gone.

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Liars. All of them. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• i call crap on all of them. My almost 9 month old still only gives me 4-7 hour stretches and my hips just went back to normal at around 7 months. I still have 15lbs to lose too. But my pre-preg fat jeans fit! Yay!
  • imagehopingwaiting:
    Don't worry, there's just bias in who posts.  Just wait until later when it seems like everyone's baby is walking at 10 months.

Word.  I try to stay off those boards because they just make me feel bad.  I lurk on Preemies to gain some perspective into how DS is developing but that's the extent of my veering away from PAL. 

If it makes you feel any better, my DH's great aunt said she didn't recognize me at Christmas because I had put on "so much weight" since the last time she saw me (which was about 5 years ago).  DH said, well she did just have a baby.  I didn't have the heart to tell the man that 13 months ago no longer constitues "just had a baby."  I would run naked in the streets if I could lose 15-20lbs. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm right there with you. I have 25lbs to prepreg and another 10lbs I'd like to lose on top of that. And DS does not STTN, im thankful he has finally started sleeping in his basinet vs with me... We usually get 3-4 hr stretches which I am thankful for. 

They are totally liars :)

formerly laurc Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP#1- 12.31.09- EDD 09.10.10- our angel Ella born sleeping on 09.03.10 BFP#2- 03.09.11- EDD 11.13.11- DS born 10.29.11 via successful induction BFP#3- 6.27.12- EDD 3.5.13- CVS 8.28.12, it's a BOY!-- DS2 born 2.14.13 via successful induction
  • I've come to terms with myself that DD will not give me more than 3 hours of sleep anytime soon. We got one magical night of 5 hours, but that was at week 7.

My Chart

My Life

BFP 7.7.09 - CVS 9.10.09 (Girl) - 9.24.09 Severe Fatal Malformation - D&E 10.7.09 @ 17wks
    BFP 6.1.10 - 6.10.10 Ectopic M/C @ 5wks
    BFP 10.26.10 - 10.29.10 CP
    BFP 1.30.11 - CVS 3.28.11 (Girl) - EDD 10.11.11 - Born 10.6.11
    BFP 12.18.12 - 12.20.12 CP
    BFP 3.18.13 - CVS 5.21.13 (Girl) - EDD 12.2.13 - Born 11.24.13
    BFP 6.10.14 - CVS 7.2.14 (Girl) - EDD 1.12.15 - Born sleeping 8.6.14 @ 17w5d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"