Northern California Babies
Options

Climbing out of the crib question

Did anyone's kid continue to sleep in a crib after they climbed out of bed for the first time?  Crash has happily slept in a crib and just climbed out twice at naptime.  Are my dreams of a crib until 15 over?  I mean, the kid is so lazy he usually lays there and calls me every morning.  Ughhhh.

Re: Climbing out of the crib question

• Options
    Weez climbed out six or so months before we moved her to a bgb, and honestly, we probably could have kept her in it for at least another year. I was just itching to redecorate! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So do you recommend I hold out and just put him in his crib tonight?  I am so not ready for this.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    L is 25 months and capable of climbing out of his crib- he's done it 4 or 5 times in the last 3 months.  But its really inconsistent- even if he's pissed about bed he doesn't always climb out.  So we're keeping it for a while longer.  It also helps that he always climbs out and "falls" onto big sister's bed, so we figure he won't get hurt too badly...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't know what you decided but I hope bedtime went ok tonight.  Andrew first started climbing out at 18 months and we thought the crib tent wouldn't work with his crib so we just kept him in it until he was 25 months.  He went through a phase where it was super cool to climb out, so much so we gave him a stool to get back in Big Smile.  Now when Cooper climbed out and started refusing to go to sleep for naps or bedtime we promptly went out and got a tentBig Smile.
  • Options

I am not ready to give up. ;)  I gave up on naptime yesterday.  He slept great last night.  We are having some issues right now(naptime.)  Ughhh, I have a great sleeper.  He had one week where he missed a few npas, but for the most part the kid needs 3 hour naps and 12 hours at night.  I'm spoiled and refuse to give that up.  :)

Looks like I may need to invest in a crib tent.

• Options
    Atticus started climbing/falling out of his crib regularly at about 15 months, so we switched him to the toddler bed. Now he is back to sleeping like a champ. Every once in a while he will wake up in the middle of the night and ask for nunu's but that's rare.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"