Upstate NY Babies
Options

now i feel crappy

so coworker that had the very preemie babie that passed away right after thanksgiving is back at work, she is on my floor and i really haven't seen her, but i was bound to run into her at some point- we share common areas- copier, kitchen and bathroom.

doesn't it figure that it would happen as a different coworker is asking me all kinds of questions about how M did at x-mas and i'm going on and on about it before realise she is behind me at the copier (other coworker and i were slowly waking back to our side of the building so my back was to her)

i feel awful for her, but i just don't know what to say to her. i'm sure she's heard every 'i'm sorry' imaginable and i personally would feel every 'i'm sorry' or other platitude would be a knife in my heart after a loss like that. i did leave her a message on FB after her daugher passed, do i need to say something in person?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: now i feel crappy

• Options
    Ugh.. things like that have happened to me too.. Or I've said things without thinking and it just sucks. I don't think it would hurt to say something.. or just ask how she is.. You don't have to apologize for talking about M or anything though.  Its not easy..
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    I would say something... Anything. Even a simple "how are you?" Or "I'm so sorry for your loss.". Even though she(s probably heard it a million times by now, it does help to show support or compassion any way you can.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekevinandmonica2011:
    I would say something... Anything. Even a simple "how are you?" Or "I'm so sorry for your loss.". Even though she(s probably heard it a million times by now, it does help to show support or compassion any way you can.

I would do this. Nothing you say could really make it worse, you know? I'm sure she thinks about the baby all the time, so it's not like you are reminding her. And ignoring the issue probably just makes it more akward and her feeling alone. 

• Options
    That's so sad. 
    Ashley Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

i wandered over to her cube at the end of the day, her cube is on the side of the building that i park and i use the windows on that side to remote start my traverse, but she had already left. 

i do want to say something but i didn't want to seek her out intentionally, i'll try again tomorrow. i did see the other coworker i had been talking to and she said that she is really upbeat and already planning to try again as soon as possible

slight silver lining- at least i wasn't ranting about how bad my boy is while she was standing there that would have been worse

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMrs_Hark:

slight silver lining- at least i wasn't ranting about how bad my boy is while she was standing there that would have been worse

This reminds me of the time right after my first loss I was in the bathroom stall where I used to work, and one of the women washing her hands said to whoever she was with "The baby was up 3 times to eat last night, I was like ugh I hate you!" Really, you are bitter towards your baby because they are hungry? I just sat in the stall crying, I wanted nothing more than to be up at night feeding a healthy baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"