Babies: 9 - 12 Months

DS won't hold his own bottle never mind a sippy cup. Normal?

Is it normal that my 9 month old DS doesn't hold his own bottle and definitely not a sippy cup?  He will try to grab a sippy cup, but doesn't understand how to tip it to get anything out.  Anyone else's LO not hold their own?  I guess I am asking because I see lots of posts on here re: feeding formula from a sippy cup, and I feel like we are nowhere near that. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DS won't hold his own bottle never mind a sippy cup. Normal?

• DS never held his own bottle. Ever. He was lazy like that. He didn't start knowing what to do with a sippy until 11 months or so, just keep trying. DD will try and hold her own bottle and sippy now, but doesn't quite get how to get tip them up.
  • Jay could hold his bottle early. But the sippy he has just recently mastered.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD never held her own bottle (weaned at 9 months) but had no problem with a sippy cup. 

DS won't hold his bottle either. He will grab it and put it to his mouth then let go and look at me if it falls! He has no problem with the sippy cup but doesn't tip it up.

Both kids now drink from straw sippy cups. I found this to be easier for them to drink from and you can always find a cup with a straw if you go somewhere and forget your sippy cup.  

• imageetude de la vie:

DD never held her own bottle (weaned at 9 months) but had no problem with a sippy cup. 

DS won't hold his bottle either. He will grab it and put it to his mouth then let go and look at me if it falls! He has no problem with the sippy cup but doesn't tip it up.

Both kids now drink from straw sippy cups. I found this to be easier for them to drink from and you can always find a cup with a straw if you go somewhere and forget your sippy cup.  

When you say weaned, does that mean your DD was only using sippy cups at 9 months and no more bottles?  How much milk/formula was she drinking (just out of curiosity) at 9 months?  How long did it take for your kids to learn how to drink from a straw?  Whenever I introduce any kind of straw, DS just wants to chew on it. :/ 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"