April 2011 Moms

NBR - Keep Your Pet Leashed

I know I don't post a lot because I just don't have time, but I hope someone else can learn from DH's tragic mistake. Yesterday, he wanted to let the dogs have some Christmas fun, so he took them out at my inlaws' house off leash. They took off after a car and one made it down to the main road and was hit by a car.

I was feeding DS in another room and didn't even know they'd gone out until I heard DH yell and saw them running down the driveway. I'm devastated. I'll never let our other dog off leash again, even though she stays nearby. Leaving for home without our dog is one of the hardest things I've ever done. It was totally avoidable. 

BFP #1 8/14/10, DS born 4/30/11 
BFP #2 9/30/12, M/C 10/23/12 
BFP #3 12/16/12, CP 12/20/12 
BFP #4 1/20/13, DD born 10/9/13
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR - Keep Your Pet Leashed

• I'm so, so sorry... Hugs.
    MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How horrible, I'm so sorry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you all. Right now DS is keeping me going, though it's tough because he thinks my crying is funny. And I don't know how Christmas will ever be a happy time again.

BFP #1 8/14/10, DS born 4/30/11 
    BFP #2 9/30/12, M/C 10/23/12 
    BFP #3 12/16/12, CP 12/20/12 
    BFP #4 1/20/13, DD born 10/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry.  Take care.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is terrible.  I am so sorry.  Pets should never die. 

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it will take time for you and your husband to grieve and heal. ((Hug))
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. 

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. 
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. 
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. 

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. 
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. 

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. 

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. 

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  •   Yesterday we let our lab (Duke)  off leash in our front yard while we took down our Christmas lights.  He was WONDERFULLY well-behaved, but thank you for the other side of the story.  I guess anything could have happened that we didn't think about.

I am so sorry about your fur-baby.  May he forever run with the wind.

Stephanie Hsu
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"