Pregnant after 35

Back again...

Well, I was here just before Thanksgiving last year.  I miscarried at 5 weeks.  So now I have had two miscarriages.  I am 37, but will be well into my 38th year upon delivery if this one keeps.  Yet again, we were not trying to conceive.  I just wasn't paying attention to where I was in my cycle.  YIKES! 

Concerns...well, other than the obvious miscarriages, I would have to say my weight.  I had just begun loosing some weight back during the summer and slowed down over the holidays.  I need to loose a ton of weight.  I am worried about morning aka ALL DAY LONG sickness.  Was sick with both pregnancies.  Yes, I am worried about my age, but that is a side worry.  DH thinks I will be just fine on all items of worry.  He is the optimistic one.  Me...I'm just taking one day at a time.

I lost about 48 lbs doing low carb and exercising about 2 hours a day.  I know I can keep up my exercise provided I listen to my body, but what about the low carb?  I am NOT no carb...just curbing sugar.

My first appointment is Jan. 24th.  I will only be midway into my 7th week.  Is that too soon?  Being as big as I am, I am afraid they won't see a thing.  Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Back again...

• First: Congrats! T&P this is your sticky baby! Totally crossing my fingers for you.

2nd, they'll do a trans-vag and be able to see everything. I'm pretty full figured, and they had no issues finding a hb, doing abdominal or transvag scans. Well, the little monster is pretty active, so finding a hb for more than a second is a challenge, lol.

3rd, WTG on the weight loss! That's awesome and you have a lot to be proud of. Don't worry about what to eat now. Pregnancy is NOT the time to watch your weight unless you OB says something. And, odds are they won't in the first tri. Especially if you're sick. Carbs actually ease sickness.

EDIT: I'm vocal about women trying to watch their weight while pregnant. I had pica with DD, and didn't know how serious it was. They told me to watch for nonfood cravings. No one said anything about ice! In the end, she was fine, but I could have really hurt her or myself.

• Welcome and good luck!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Congratulations! I am 37 and quite overweight too ... have never miscarried but we've been TTC (on and off) for years and this is my first pregnancy so I'm scared to death that something will go wrong! I just lost about 75 lbs, and I plan to eat more or less the way I've been eating since March when I began losing weight, unless my doctor tells me something different. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time and hearing your stories and the stories of the women posting after you have really helped!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My newbie status is definitely showing.  I was trying to reply to each of you in one message for all to see.  Haven't quite figured it out yet... LOL!

I suspect that we struck gold 2 days after my estimated ovuation date.  DH had been out of town on a work trip for most of the week.  He got back and viola!  Merry Christmas/Happy New Year all rolled into one.  Here's what is really weird...today is the day I would have started my period if not for being preggers.  However, I took a HPT on the 23rd and got a faint line.  I only suspected because I took a shower and could not believe how dark my veins looked on the ta-tas.  Have since taken two more HPTs and yep, definitely positive.  So, I am still technically only 3 weeks, but slight queasiness, extremely sore boobs and severe exhaustion has set in...really???  This early...please tell me some of you have experienced this too...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"