Upstate NY Babies

S/O Strollers

How often do you really use your stroller and/or double stroller?

We used ours for walks before G was really walking and longer walks before the weather turned yucky. I don't go to the mall often but I might use it there a few times a year. I think that we went to one or two festivals this summer but when he was really little I preferred to use the Bjorn instead of navigating through crowds with a stroller. We did use it a lot on vacation. 

I am asking because I am thinking about a double stroller and if I would really need it or if he would really just be into walking. There is a glider for the city mini that we can get for him to stand on if we want to go to a festival and his legs are getting tired or we can use the Bjorn for the baby while he rides in the stroller. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: S/O Strollers

• What is the age difference going to be?

Charlie was 2.5 when Paul was born & we were fine without a double. I wore Paul in a wrap/sling/carrier 90% of the time for the 1st 6 months so CHarlie just used the stroller if we really needed it, or he would get out & walk a bit & Paul would go in.

This time around I think I will need a double because Paul will only be 21 months. I haven't actually bought anything yet though 

Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • imagexKimx:

What is the age difference going to be?

About 2.5 and I also think about the time of year. Baby is due in August so easy to carry around for 2-3 months then it will be late fall and winter as G gets closer to 3. I don't know how much we will be out in the colder weather when we would use a stroller.

I think I have just talked myself out of a double!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • ALL. THE. TIME. We have a decent age difference (2 years, 3 months).. but I do not like to let Eve walk in stores, etc..  We also walk around town a ton in the summer. I'd say in summer we use it everyday.. Winter is less.. only for trips to the mall or other outings where there might not be a shopping cart (used it at kohls the other day), but i'd say still once a week on avg. 

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • imageMelissaSue81:

ALL. THE. TIME. 

Yup!  Especially in the summer/fall.  It sounds easy to say that you will wear the baby, but it is not always that easy and A hated being worn when he was really little.  We bought a Graco Double stroller used for $60 and I am so glad that we did.  I am glad that I did not spend a ton of money on one, but I love the features, storage, ease, etc.  Even just dr. appts, it is so much easier to have the double stroller.   

imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"