Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Do you have two car seats?

DH and I alternate pick up and drop off for daycare.  Right now we are still using the Graco 35 infant seat with a base in each car.  LO is only about 20lbs and not at the height limit yet.  We are looking into convertible car seats now.  I want one that is safe and highly recommended but at the same time I cant' spend $400 on two seats,  Anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced one that I can get two of?  Or do you just take your in and out each day?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Do you have two car seats?

• We have 2. I think if you shop around you can spend a lot less than 400 dollars.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I absolutely love our Graco MyRide. She is so comfortable in it and it slants back slightly so her head doesn't hang when she sleeps. We have the Graco Sport in H's car and I really don't like it. It sits straight up so she doesn't sleep well in it and when she does her head just hangs forward. It makes me nervous.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We got 2 Graco MyRide 65's when Target had them on sale for $100 each.
  • imageOctGirl80:
    We got 2 Graco MyRide 65's when Target had them on sale for $100 each.

::fistbump::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a Evenflo Titan Elite for a little under 100 for the second carseat.
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • We have the Alpha Omega in my car because she is in my car all the time.  H has her infant one in his car just in case.  Eventually when she out grows the snugride we will get one for his car.

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• Once you go convertible, you need two. The Evenflo Triumph, which we have for DD and DS, is by no means hard to install, but I'm sure not gonna do it each day.

We got them through Albeebaby.com for 100 each. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We also have the Graco myride (around $100) for my car, and then bought a cosco scenera (roughly only $50) for H's car for the two days per week he does pick up and drop off.  You definitely can tell the difference between the ease of use between mine and his, with the myride being much easier to use, but when all is said and done, it so infrequently gets used compared to mine that we were okay with it being more of a pain. It also has really good safety ratings, so I wasn't concerned to purchase it as it is so inexpensive.
  • imagePeonyPumps:
    We also have the Graco myride (around $100) for my car, and then bought a cosco scenera (roughly only $50) for H's car for the two days per week he does pick up and drop off.  You definitely can tell the difference between the ease of use between mine and his, with the myride being much easier to use, but when all is said and done, it so infrequently gets used compared to mine that we were okay with it being more of a pain. It also has really good safety ratings, so I wasn't concerned to purchase it as it is so inexpensive.

This for us. We got the scenera at walmart for $40.

• No.  DH rarely takes her anywhere in his car.
  • We both have carseats and paid for the $ to both get Britax seats. We drive him equally so it was important to us and worth the money.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• We have two, and they are Britax Marathons. Really, if you keep an eye out, we got great deals on both...I paid under $200 for each one when we bought them. I think one I got a great deal at Target and the other was on Amazon. We kept the infant seat locked in the base in one car and had the convertible in the other for about two months before we got the other seat. That way we spread out the big purchases over a longer period of time than blowing it all out at once.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"