Special Needs

Teen Mom2

Come on! Nothing on the MRI?????? (besides small ON) Now we gotta wait for a genetics appointment? Ugh. I hate how this is getting dragged out...
WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: Teen Mom2

• I was surprised there was nothing on MRI.  I'm thinking genetic though.  The show is raising some awareness about how hard the diagnostic process is.
  • imageAssembly_Reqd:
    Come on! Nothing on the MRI?????? (besides small ON) Now we gotta wait for a genetics appointment? Ugh. I hate how this is getting dragged out...

I was shocked!  

How about when she said, something to the effect of, "this means she doesn't have a disability"

I was floored! 

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• Loading the player...
  • I wasn't surprise the MRI was clean.  Her story is similar to my little guy's.  He has optic nerve hypoplasia and severe hypertonia.  He has had 3 perfectly normal MRI's.  They're waiting till 2 for the next one to check the white matter and myelination. 

There actually is a lot in Leah's DD that is similar to my DS.  According to his mutation he should have nystagmus.  He has tone issues as well as an intellectual disability. 

I'm just shocked that their opthamologist ordered the MRI without telling them to see a neurogolist in addition.  It seems they see a lot of doctors that don't really want to work as a team. 

I'm sorry I can't stand her pedi.  First, it took her what 10 months and her being proactive about taking the little girl because she couldn't bear weight on her legs.  Isn't a pedi supposed to check that at well checks?  Also, he doesn't seem to be suggesting what doctors she should see because I still would have sent her to the neurologist despite a normal MRI.  Our neuro is the one that tested for metabolic issues, neurotransmitter issues, etc.  I just really hope they get a doctor that can come up with a good plan and team for her.

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • imagerealisticdreams:

imageAssembly_Reqd:

I was shocked!  

How about when she said, something to the effect of, "this means she doesn't have a disability"

I was floored! 

She's in denial.  I was there too.  She doens't have a neuro there telling her that just because everything is there doesn't mean it's working properly. 

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Yes, our DS' first MRI was clean as well. It was only a second one at 18 mo. that showed his PVL and even with that, we are still looking at genetics and  an LP for neurotransmitter issues.

I don't watch the show, but as someone else said, in a weird way it is comforting that they are showing something similar to our own walk through no-man's-land, where there is no diagnosis. Maybe more people will understand. Sometimes I do wonder if people think we just aren't looking hard enough, or maybe we have Munchausen's (SP?).

• I cant stand her doctors either. She needs to see someone who knows what they are doing and at least go over possibilities or different diagnosis. They arnt telling her much of anything. 

I love how she initially said " I dont want to take her because I dont want something to be wrong with her "  Uh.....ok?

Its good to see in this show though a mom who has a child that needs a little more attention, these kids dont ever think about that being a possibilty.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"