Babies: 9 - 12 Months

brushing teeth

How often do you brush your lo's teeth? I've been doing it once a day during bath time, but it is sometimes impossible to get the infant toothbrush in there. Do you brush twice a day for lo??
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: brushing teeth

• Once a day. It's always a battle. I usually brush in the morning after he's had breakfast and it's getting harder every day. This morning I had to lay him on the floor and hold his arms down with my feet while holding his head still with one hand and forcing the toothbrush into his mouth with the other. I do sometimes take a wet washcloth and do a quick wipe a couple times per day, as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just do once a day, too. It's always after his bath before bed. He likes getting his brushed! He opens his mouth wide and giggles when I'm finished!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebuckeyebrat:
    We just do once a day, too. It's always after his bath before bed. He likes getting his brushed! He opens his mouth wide and giggles when I'm finished!
    This for us too. We do just once during our bath/bed routine. If she has another bottle around this time, we wait to brush right after.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Once a day. I asked the Pedi at his 1 year appt and she said once a day is fine at this point, as long as it's after he's had his last nursing session/milk for the day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebuckeyebrat:
    We just do once a day, too. It's always after his bath before bed. He likes getting his brushed! He opens his mouth wide and giggles when I'm finished!
    This for us
  • imagebuckeyebrat:

This!

• Once a day, at night. Pedi said to do it after his last feeding so the milk doesn't sit on his teeth while he sleeps. It is a battle. He just grabs for the brush the entire time. I'm thinking about getting two more brushes so he can have one in both hands while I brush his teeth.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"