D.C. Area Babies

ack! scrambling...

first, I got a baby center update the other day reminding me that I'm at 31 weeks with "only 9 weeks to go!"

I had a mini panic attack. While I've made some plans, have we actually done anything to prepare for this baby? No. 

Second, FIL was supposed to come down in a couple weeks to help us paint and put up new moulding in Warner's new big boy room, then repaint the baby's nursery. I have no idea why yet, but apparently he called DH today and said that, no, he's actually going to come on Monday. THIS Monday the 2nd. Warner's new room is currently our office and DH still has to move his (stupid) massive desk to the basement (don't even get me started about how much a loathe his PoS desk) and I need to list the bed and rug we have in there on craigslist. We're just not ready quite yet.

When we got home after xmas, I was already like "where the eff are we going to put all this stuff?!" (Warner's old toys and many of the new ones that we just aren't going to introduce yet.) so now I have to figure out where to put a whole room full of furniture. plus, we need to put our christmas decorations away and those boxes are still out in the hall in the basement because when we pulled everything out earlier this month we found water damage in the back of the closet where we keep them. 

And DH has off on Monday, but he can't take any time the rest of the week because things are crazy at work right now, so FIL will be on his own? I know he won't even begin to let me help, you know, in my 'delicate' state. ugh. I am SO appreciate of FIL coming down, but man, it would have been nice to have a little more notice :-( 

I now have bedding for Warner's new bed and I've picked out paint colors and the rug, but I still need to go choose the moulding style for the new trim I want. So I guess I better to do it, uh, today. 

I know this is a major first world problem vent, so, yeah, cry me a river. but trying to get all this done with Warner under foot and being uncomfortably pregnant (hello, 3rd tri!) is not fun. 

Re: ack! scrambling...

• I can't believe you're in the third trimester already!

Deep breaths. Nine weeks is a lot of time in the whole scheme of things, and it doesn't all have to get done next week. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• I'm so sorry BH. That sucks and that's a lot to do...especially with a toddler under foot and with being in third tri.

(I'm LOLing about your DH's desk because this is not the first time I've heard about how much you hate that thing).

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey listen, first world problems are still stressful - you are allowed to vent.  The second (and third) pregnancy flies by, doesn't it?  You have lots of time - you are a good planner - breathe and plan, breathe and plan.  And I do remember you mentioning that desk before - silly boys and their silly things they hang on to!
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • I'm sorry, I got stuck at the part where you said you're 31 weeks. How the hell did that happen?!? I feel like it was just yesterday we were trying to figure out who that alter ego was posting about pregnancy no-nos! :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"