D.C. Area Babies
Options

*mssaint*

I saw your post on The Nest about becoming an LC.  I, too, thought (and still) think about it, but the process (with extra classes, etc.) seems so long.  I keep it in the back of my mind as something I may do when I get a little breathing room (ha ha).  Good luck to you!  I hope you do it, I think it would be amazing.

Re: *mssaint*

• Options

I know - it is kind of a crazy dream and it will take a long time. I talked to DH about it recently and he was supportive. I decided to go for it after I realized I kept going to the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners website and looking up the pathways to certification.

Through his job, I can take at least some of the classes for free and others I can take at Montgomery College inexpensively. I am going to start slow, though, and just take one of the academic classes to see if I can even get through the science classes. It may not happen for a few years, but I'm at least going to get started.

ETA: I don't know that it will ever become a full-time career, but I'll see what happens.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"