Parenting after a Loss

DS has a stomach bug : (

What can I do to help for the guy?

He's been throwing up since Monday and today he started diarrhea today. I'm really worried about his fluid intake. He doesn't want formula (I have been offering very small amounts periodically) and I can't get him to take a significant amount of Pedialite. I've been able to syringe feed him some Pedialite but he will only take a few teaspoons at a time. He's only had one slightly wet diaper since noon today.

I'm going to call the pedi tomorrow, but he's not running a fever so I'm sure it's just a virus that needs to run the course.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DS has a stomach bug : (

• Poor baby and poor mommy :(.  No experience but I would talk to doc about fluid intake. Hope this virus moves on fast!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Poor kid. No advice on getting him to take liquids though. Hope he's on the mend soon. 
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope he feels better soon.
    BFP 1: 08Aug10, EDD: 14Apr11, D&E 11Sep10 BFP 2: 29Jan11, EDD: 12Oct11, DS born 07Oct11!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope he feels better soon. The only thing you can do is to keep him hydrated. If his diaper output doesn't improve he may need some IV fluids to hydrate him. DD had a stomach bug this week too. Thankfully she did not lose interest in nursing. She didn't eat much else though.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"