Pregnant after 35

******Pregnant after 35 Check In******

^^^^^Pregnant after 35 Weekly Update^^^^^

-->

Good Morning Everyone! 

Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday. 

The winner of the MrsJordanAlmond pool is Happywife..with a guess of 12/20 8:40pm

Welcome to the Pregnant after 35 Weekly Check-In!

If you would like to be added to the check-in, just reply to this post with:

your screen name
first name (optional)
due date
sex of baby (if known, or will it be a surprise?)

Please let me know if you have any updates and/or edits that need to be made. Also, if I missed any births please let me know so we can celebrate with you!

Updates: How are you feeling?  Any events/news to share?  New pregnancy symptoms or any that have disappeared?

Question of the Week:  How did you find out you were pregnant? Was it a surprise or planned?

Congratulations to the New NOVEMBER and DECEMBER Moms!

Varkeyr gave birth to James Edward on 11/2; 8lbs, 7oz, 20 inches Yankeebear gave birth to Jillian Colleen on 11/2; (2 1/2 weeks late)
CheezeFace gave birth to BabyCheeze around 11/10; 6lbs, 4oz (4 weeks early) Punter gave birth to Iva Elise on 11/20; 7lbs, 1oz JB2RN gave birth to Nolan on 11/27; 7lbs and 1.4 oz, 20.5 inches Owl38 gave birth to her baby boy on 12/9 MrsJordanAlmond gave birth to Rami (8lb 14oz , 20in) on 12/20 5:56PM 
  Pregnant Moms by Due Date:

December 2011 VelvetElegance (Adrienne) 12/1/11 RNICU11 (Shane) 12/7/11 Kangaroo35 (Kristin) 12/4/11 Girl vromero3 (Veronica) 12/11/2011 Girl
Heathercare (Heather) 12/12/11 Redlass13 (Tamara) 12/14/11 Jerzee1974 (Melanie) 12/15/11 GraceInCa (Grace) 12/16/11 Suprise Eibhlin1 (Kathleen) 12/18/11 MrsJordanAlmond (Robin) 12/19/11- Boy jlynnbryant (Jennifer Lynn) 12/19/11  Petunia007 (Erin) 12/21/11 Jenny 12/21/11 Mehllers (Melanie) 12/21/11 - Girl
cdelbove 12/21/11  hbaby13 12/22/11
Shea52 (Sharon) 12/22/11- Girl AmJur 12/24/11 - Team Green elainedave 12/24/11 - Boy
ApronStrings (Christina) 12/25/11 Lebee2512 (Bee) 12/26/11 (CS) SchnauzerL0ver (Athena) 12/26/11 emadlma (Emily) 12/26/11 - Boy
ChellBug (Michelle) 12/27/11 Jam2mom (Melissa) 12/30/11

Chavayjakov 12/30/11 - Boy    January 2012 Alibaba16 (Ali) 1/1/12 Processofbecoming (Eileen) 1/1/12 Huahine 1/3/12 - Boy Cristal604 1/4/12 - Team Green
goldilocksnbears 1/6/12 Kristine Shilling 1/6/12 - Girl

Southern Belle Kathy (Kathy) 1/7/12 - Team Green

kreejd (Kristen) 1/8/12 lisaC1017 (Lisa) 1/9/12 - Boy
cjmsbunny 1/10/12
tubamom2 (Tracey) 1/12/12 MrsHolly (Michele) 1/12/12 (Induction in Dec) - Twins - Girls
Holli0303 (Holli) 1/16/12 kiwiadirem (Kim) 1/16/12 - BOY! preggyamy (Amy) 1/24/12 Puckchick (Tara) 1/25/12 - Team Green goldilocksnbears  1/?/12   February 2012 Mtngirl2007 (Amanda) 2/2/12 YaraC (Laura) 2/6/12 - Boy
Paulaanne (Paula) 2/13/12 - Boy
jenandjeff1974 (Jen) 2/13/12 
Jen&Louie (Jen) 2/15/12 Geeps2 (Karen) 2/18/12 ? Surprise newhite33 (Nicole) 2/8/12 azhuskergirl (Susan) 2/20/12
Quinnsaras (Sara) 2/21/12 Aurora (Tracey) 2/22/12 - Girl
Redheadedgirl (Margaret) 2/25/12- Girl March 2012 mhollidayesq 3/3/2012 Take5, 3/3/2012 - Surprise

MamaChantal (Chantal) 3/9/12 - Surprise

Danish16, 3/12/12, team green (at least for now)

ProcessofBecoming (Eileen) 3/?/12

chrisandmarysusan (Mary Susan) 3/15/12

raceyrae (Rachel) 3/16/2012

JamieChace (Jamie) 3/16/2012

dtucker1126 (Dana) 3/17/2012

Fizziwigs (Gena) 3/17/2012

digwriter (Darla) 3/20/2012

gothgrrl 3/23/2012

studio8design (Wendy) 3/26/2012

wahawaha (Cindy) 3/26/2012

bigv44 (Valerie) 3/27/2012 - Boy

Brosis 3/30/12

April 2012

heddarc (Heather) 4/1/2012

JenL1975 (Jen) 4/1/2012

MKWT (Melissa) 4/2/2012- Girl

mamasixpack (Brenda) 4/3/2012 - Girl

sunnyfalls (Gina) 4/5/2012

KatieTwin (Katie) 4/6/2012

LMark (Lisa) 4/6/2012

Brandenburdett 4/8/2012 - Team Green

Christel811 (Christel) 4/9/2012

Bellaxanthe (Jen) 4/9/2012

Myborinmexbaby 4/14/2012

Rpginde (Rebekah) 4/19/2012

mrslisawright (Lisa) 4/21/2012

oceanangelbeauty (Mary) 4/23/2012

katieh1017 (Katie) 4/25/2012 - Girl

Ebalcom (Emily) 4/28/2012

MommaTracey (Tracey) 4/29/2012 - Boy

May 2012

JulesPplus3 (Julie) 5/1/2012

Mlmulcuh ( Meghan ) 5/1/2012-Identical twin girls

GooglGrl (Linda) 5/4/2012

UOduckBride2b (Sarah) 5/6/2012

Shawnee73 (Shawn Marie) 5/07/2012 

Pdxmom73 (Amy) 5/8/2012

MelissaMio (Melissa) 5/11/2012

SavedByZero 5/13/2012 - Surprise

ELF4321 5/14/2012- Girl 

Racampbell 5/14/2012

bridekimmie (Kim) 5/16/2012 - Team Green

saintcity 5/19/2012 - Team Green

timic (Timi) 5/21/2012

ohbabyboy 5/21/2012

lilredd888 (Jennifer) 5/25/2012

FyreFlyeRush (Sarah) 5/25/2012

lpeter01 (Laura) 5/26/2012 

lovetohike 5/28/2012

RaeAnt 5/28 - 6/2/2012

missbrooklyn1 5/29/2012

gizmo76 (Nikki) 5/30/2012

ReeceFamily (Sara) 5/30/21012

June 2012

Irishgypsy88 (Michele)  6/1/2012

massiahl 6/5/2012

Ghbea (Holly) 6/?/2012

Kahosity ( Sheila ) 6/7/2012 

ctsportsfan23 6/11/2012

nmelrose (Noelle) 6/12/2012

JennyT74 (Jennifer) 6/13/2012

theboki (Kim 6/15/2012 - Team Pink

Emberlee3 (Emily) 6/19/2012

Calibride2005 (Michelle) 6/22/2012

Naybird (Renee) 6/22/2012

Nelly_Cat (Trish) 6/24/2012

karenannmark (Karen) 6/26/2012 

mscandyman 6/26/2012 - Team Green

Jennasita (Jen) 6/30/2012

July 2012

CYBURRCHIC (Heidi) 7/4/2012

Duhkee (Melissa) 7/4/2012

hijoi (Joi) 7/8/2012

hrock74 (Heather) 7/9/2012

Bellaxanthe (Jen) July 9th

JustCrazyEnuf (Shannon) 7/17/2012

Mike&Amie 7/19/2012

Amandaleigh1 (Amanda) 7/19/2012

MrsFuel09 (Laurie) 7/27/2012

1HappyGurl (Erika) 7/28/2012

August 2012

NuggetJo 8/1/2012

Stever ( Heather ) 8/6/2012

Dmathis10 ( Dana ) 8/7/2012-Surprise!

CopsGirl11103 (Alison) 8/2/2012

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ******Pregnant after 35 Check In******

• Updates: How are you feeling?  Any events/news to share?  New pregnancy symptoms or any that have disappeared?

Still feeling good for this stage pregnancy.

Well my garage caught fire Christmas day just as my guest were preparing to eat. Fortunately it was quickly put out.

Showing some signs of early labor.

Question of the Week:  How did you find out you were pregnant? Was it a surprise or planned?

Pregnancy was planned but still a surprise.  Overwhelming exhaustion caused me to take a home pregnancy test and bingo BFP.

• justadogmommy-sarah-37 years-2/20/2012-surprise!
  • Loading the player...
  • UpdatesHow are you feeling?  Any events/news to share?  New pregnancy symptoms or any that have disappeared?

I feel like a cranky ***. All the men in my life are driving me insane and I wanna just drive a screwdriver into their thick s..umm yeah..  anyways.. :) No new events or news. Apparently my achy boob thing is back for some reason and I am not happy about this at all. :(  

My tata's were achy for weeks. I would get tender breasts around the begining of my period but the period never showed up and the achy boobs just got worse. My mom died of breast cancer so I got scared and started ruling things out. Was either pregnant (was told I wouldn't ever be btw) menopause or breast cancer. Picked the cheapest one to rule out first and tah dah..  

• UpdatesOther then feeling enormous I feel wonderful :)   Baby is moving around so much now I am thinking he or she is our new soccer or football star!  Kind of glad to have hustle and bustle over so we can finally relax for a couple of days before we go back to work :) 

Question of the Week:  I was a day late... not bad for a regular kind of girl... and I just had a feeling.  We were not not trying let's say.. Half way there now  and so much on the go these next few months that these next few are going to fly by too.  :)    

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Overall am feeling well.  Had a headache christamas eve and Christmas day, but has stopped for now.  Still anxiously awaiting my first kicks.  Think my LO is completely his/her father's child and will wait until the last possible moment within the normal window to start moving.  I really hate procrastination!!!  LOL! 

For the entire month of August I thought I was pregnant.  Took 2 home pregnancy tests that were neg.  Had a lighter than normal period for the month.  Spoke to family doc in early Sept about it and both agreed not worth blood test, not pregnant.  Low and behold 2w later, no period and pos hpt!  It was and wasn't a surprise.  We were trying, yet not really hard. 

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and the new year brings many healthy and happy babies!!!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Feeling pretty good other than the ongoing insomnia and sciatic area pain at night. Pregnancy was both planned and a surprise! The RE had told us we had less than a 5% chance on our own. We were scheduled to do IVF in October but got a surprise bfp at the end of August.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Chavayjakov

Chavayjakov

Due Date: 12-30-30

Boy

Updates

How are you feeling?  

Sore & Tired...but I think I had my spurt of nesting finally...It seemed like I did a lot, but looking around, I realize I haven't so much as put the car seat in the car yet or packed my bags for the hospital.  

Any events/news to share?  

Finally hired a doula & a back up doula.  Still not sure if I want them there with me, I just really know I want the extra buffer between myself and the hospital staff.  Still trying to avoid that c-section.

New pregnancy symptoms or any that have disappeared?

Hungry a lot, but can't manage to eat a lot without feeling stuffed.  Too, it's getting harder to remember to drink a lot of water, and more difficult to find something that actually tastes satisfying.  It's like I always am wanting a different taste or texture, but can't figure what it is I actually want.

Both planned and surprised.  I've been wanting another child, and we were going to give it one last college try, but nothing was happening.  About the time I talked myself (sour grapes?) out of wanting a child, and actually looking forward to all the alone time with DH, we went to a food festival and he brought me back this dinner plate of fish with creme sause....and while it was what I had asked him to get me, when he set it in front of me, I immediately pushed it away and knew if I even looked at it I would be sick.  Didn't connect with pregnancy until a week later, when I realized I had missed two periods.

imageELF4321:
    Feeling pretty good other than the ongoing insomnia and sciatic area pain at night. Pregnancy was both planned and a surprise! The RE had told us we had less than a 5% chance on our own. We were scheduled to do IVF in October but got a surprise bfp at the end of August.

Congratulations on beating the odds!

I'm feeling pretty good other than the insomnia and sciatic pain, too.  I'm seeing a PT and an acupuncturist for the sciatic pain.  Don't wait too long, or let them just wave you off saying it's normal.  It is normal, but you don't have to live with it like I did, apparently.  Ask them to send you to a chiropractor or massage therapist earlier on to help alleviate that.  They waited to do anything about mine until I was actually falling because of the pain...and the PT said that they could have done more for me had I seen them earlier.

• Feeling pretty good.  Insulin is working very well and numbers are coming in very good.  Have two weeks before I have to start twice a week NST's so going to try and enjoy the time before I feel like I live at the Dr's office.

This was planned, but it was our last IUI and we weren't going to be able to afford to do any further treatments, so I had given up and just knew that it wasn't going to work.  DH was out of town and I had a beta scheduled for Monday, but I couldn't wait so I took an HPT and got a very lovely PREGNANT on the digital.  I was in complete and total shock.  Took a picture of the test and texted it to DH. 

• I was shocked to see that I'm in the 3rd tri now.  Only 3 mo. to go!  I'm tired & just started having pelvic achiness that makes me walk like a sumo wrestler. 

We'd been trying for Baby 2 for months & had suffered m/c #4 the month prior.  I waited until 17 dpo to test b/c I didn't want to see a BFP early on & end up w/another CP.  Fortunately, Baby 2 was/is sticky, healthy & doing well.

• Updates: How are you feeling? Any events/news to share? New pregnancy symptoms or any that have disappeared?

Energy is good, but my backache is acting up. My dr. approved massage therapy and I'm getting my first of 10 massages on Tuesday morning.  Yay!

Question of the Week: How did you find out you were pregnant? Was it a surprise or planned?

I had a "feeling."  We weren't trying and we weren't preventing either.  I went to 40th birthday celebration and I told DH that in case they did a round of birthday shots I couldn't do it (We share the same birthday wk).  I POAS the next morning and confirmed that week at the dr's office.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Updates: How are you feeling?  Any events/news to share?  New pregnancy symptoms or any that have disappeared?

My energy is gone and I am getting pretty slow. I feel pretty good most of the time but some days my back is just killer. 7 or less weeks to go, I'm finally feeling ready to have a baby and stopping wishing this pregnancy would never end.

Question of the Week:  How did you find out you were pregnant? Was it a surprise or planned? We were trying for a couple of months after a miscarriage. When my period didn't start on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, I felt pretty sure this was it. But I put off testing until Sunday night because we had plans to go to a wine festival on that Sunday.  I wasn't surprised when two lines showed up. I was very happy and very nervous.

• imagetake5:

Updates: How are you feeling?  Any events/news to share?  New pregnancy symptoms or any that have disappeared?

I feel kinda stomach-flu-ish and tired. I could nap ten times a day!! But I don't. LOL!

We had been trying for 3 years and finally gave up. I was nauseous for about 3 weeks and thought it was just a digestive problem. Finally my DH had had enough and said why don't you take a test?? I reluctantly did knowing it would be negative (as always), but not this time!  : )

Loving life's blessings!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimageimageimage
  • Starting to understand that "I'm done" feeling. Carpal tunnel pain just keeps getting worse and has completely moved into the left hand as well as the right. Feet and hands are swollen and I feel like I'm 95 when I try to walk after sitting for any length of time. Other than that though, doing very well. I have my 3rd NST this afternoon and love getting the A-OK update from those. Only 3 weeks to go! Exciting and terrifying at the same time.

Planned but a total shocker at the same time. We started trying with low expectations since I was weeks from 40 and DH was 42. I have no patience and always tested as soon as possible. That particular month I got a faint line at 8dpo. Excited but didn't believe it. Took another the next morning and another at work and then a digi a day later. All positive. It finally sunk in. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image imageLilypie First Birthday tickers

39 weeks 3 days along and no sign of labor.  Last week at my appointment I was still 50% effaced and half a cm dilated (same as two weeks prior).  My next appointment is tomorrow and we'll consider membrane stripping if I've made enough progress.

It was definitely planned, we'd been trying for 10 months.  It was our last cycle before starting fertility treatments, so we were surprised that it had worked. 

It was Easter morning.  I'd been charting and it was time to test.  So I POAS.  And we both sat there looking at that little stick with a feeling of relief mixed with oh-my-god-what-have-we-done.

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Updates: How are you feeling?  Any events/news to share?  New pregnancy symptoms or any that have disappeared?  I've been fortunate to be feeling fine most of the pregnancy.  No morning sickness or anything like that.  I did get my first real pregnancy headache I think...it lasted 2 days but it's gone.  My only real pregnancy symptom has been the whole bloating indigestion thing.  I can't eat anything without being gassy which is gross.

Question of the Week:  How did you find out you were pregnant? Was it a surprise or planned? It was planned...I had been a member of the TTC over 35 community for a little while...I was on my second round of drugs...the first IUI and my injectables were a little more intense than the first round.  I had done the first HCG booster a few days after the IUI and then I was prescribed another 2500 HCG booster later on.  So I was one of the POAS'ers who went crazy and decided to test every day from my second shot to watch the sticks go from Positive to Negative and then back to positive.  That NEVER happened...I ended up with 10 straight days of POSITIVE tests.  I went to the RE and the blood test confirmed it. 

• your screen name: Footnotegirl
    first name (optional): Jenni
    due date: Feb 4, 2012
    sex of baby (if known, or will it be a surprise?): Surprise at shower.

Feeling pretty good, though I've had a case of the sleepies this past week. Last perinatal visit went well, things are "progressing perfectly" according to my doctor. Find that I can't eat larger meals without heartburn now. Still not short of breath though, so yay!

Mine's a bit of a long story! Around this time last year, hubby and I decided not so much to TRY to get pregnant, but to stop trying NOT to get pregnant. I had lost a lot of weight at that point (40 lbs) and lost more between then and May (another 30). Once I got below 210, my period became very regular for the first time in my life, but in May, I suddenly skipped a period. We were surprised at the thought that I might already be pregnant (it's not supposed to happen that quick at my age!) so I took a pregnancy test... and it came out negative. I took a second one the next day ... negative as well. 

So I figured I was just back to skipping periods. In June, I skipped again, but again, tested negative. I also noted feeling a little sour stomached in the evenings, but since it was NEGATIVE I just put it down to the newly hot weather. 

In July and August, I skipped again, but didn't bother to test. I also hit a serious plateau in my weight loss, but there were a lot of social events happening so I just figured.. plateaus are normal, right? 

Also, I started taking naps when I got home from work rather than taking walks, but I wasn't SUPER tired, so I just put it down to having gone up from 20 hours a week to 36 hours a week at work. 

In September, I wore a pair of rather tight jeans on a plane trip, and started feeling a 'fluttering' in my abdomen. I figured it was due to the tight jeans and minor indigestion, but it continued when I changed into loose clothes, so, when I got home I took another pregnancy test. 

Negative again. 

I started wondering why I hadn't gotten pregnant yet, what was wrong, why my periods had stopped, made an appointment with my family doctor for October (earliest I could get in). Just before that appointment was supposed to happen, it got rescheduled by the doctor to November 14th. It was about here that I realized that while my weight wasn't going up, my gut was getting larger in proportion to the rest of me. I started worrying about cysts, but I was in no pain or discomfort, just the abdominal flutters occasionally, and since I'm a librarian I looked them up and found out that there's a condition called fasiculation that mimics the feeling of a baby kicking, but is just random abdominal muscle contractions. I figured I had that.

Nov. 14th I went to see my family doctor. I covered my worries with her (quote: "If I have one more symptom of pregnancy without being pregnant, I'm going to scream") but she too was all "but, four negative pregnancy tests!"

And then she examined me and noted the swelling of my lower abdomen "that's either a baby or one hell of a cyst." Which is when she got out the doppler microphone and informed me that that heartbeat? Was not my heartbeat. An emergency ultrasound was scheduled that day, and my husband made it out in time. The second they put the wand to my stomach, the baby's profile was visible. From the measurements, they put me at 28 weeks. So THAT was quite a surprise!

Oh, and my blood test came out positive. But the urine test the doctor had me do still came out negative!

• your screen name - sofamonkey
    first name (optional) -
    karen
    due date - August 16th
    sex of baby (if known, or will it be a surprise?) - unknown yet, but we will be finding out :)

Except for battling a cold, I am feeling pretty good.  A little heartburn, but I'm trying to eat less more often, and that seems to help.

We were TTC, so I just tested a few days before FF told me to.  Quite boring. lol  

• Feeling ok...feet swelling and linea nigra appeared since last weeks update. I got my BP checked today at the doc and all was good. Just told to drink more water and lay off salt. Still getting m/s! 

My period was late so I took a test after contemplating it for 9 days. I thought 'no way'. We had been trying or nearly 2 years but I was shocked still! I just never thought it would happen.  

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Hi. Sorry to make a change, but I went to my first ob appt today and rather than a few weeks pregnant I'm actually 12 weeks!!!  EDD has changed to 7.14.12.

Thanks! 

Loving life's blessings!
    imageimageimageimage
  • Updates: How are you feeling?  Feeling pretty decent - have had enough energy to get into all the fun that comes with the nesting phase!  Still have a cough that won't go away - it will be discussed with the OB this week. 

Any events/news to share?  I got a Christmas card from my unborn child - I sobbed for 10 minutes after reading it!  My DH is adorable!  GTT is tomorrow - hope I pass the one hour without issue.

New pregnancy symptoms or any that have disappeared? Been getting a bit more nauseous lately - not sure what that's about but not trying to make too much of it either.  Sleep has not been as quality either, but my mind is racing with what needs to be done before baby arrives.

Last winter we decided we wanted to try to become pregnant over the middle of the summer - it took some time for me to come off medications and eventually birth control.  The morning I took the pregnancy test, my dog (i.e., my first child) was very cautious about how she was snuggling with me - it was such a marked behavioral difference that I asked my husband, "Do you think? Maybe?"  I took the home pregnancy test, and it was positive.  Now, my dog will not leave my baby's side...she rests her head on my belly, and she does not seem to mind when the baby bumps her in the chin.  I imagine they will have a great relationship once the baby arrives.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Updates: Been a while since I've posted here - finally made it to 37 weeks and was allowed to come off bed rest (high risk for PTL) so I have only been a "normal" pg woman for 10 days!  LO is breech and c-section is scheduled for Jan 4th - SIX more days!!

Question of the Week:  We had just started TTC after on/off trying for 3 years after a m/c depending on what job I was at and if I had health benefits.  It was the first round of ovulation testing (clearblue easy) and we got pg right away...my benefits didn't even kick in until I was 8 weeks! Cut that one a little close...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"