July 2011 Moms

Lets talk about sex baby

At what age are you ladies planning on talking to LO about the "Birds and the Bees"

image             image

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Lets talk about sex baby

• "Let's talk about you and me!"

I'm not sure. Kids know so much more so much earlier these days. I will judge it based on how things are as she gets older. If I'm worried about her learning too much from peers at school I will go ahead and give her all the details myself. 

Mama to two perfect little girls.
    Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    Conceived #3 since September 2015
    11-25-15 twelve week loss
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Umm maybe 13. Geez maybe I shouldn't have asked this ? its to hard. lol. My baby is never gonna have sex (breaks the computer and runs off crying)

image                                                                                image

• Loading the player...
  • imageshellzano:

Umm maybe 13. Geez maybe I shouldn't have asked this ? its to hard. lol. My baby is never gonna have sex (breaks the computer and runs off crying)

image                                                                                image

Sadly 13 is WAY too late these days. By middle school kids know EVERYTHING. I used to nanny and the 3rd! grade boy I kept came home and filled me on popping cherries. He learned it on the bus. 

Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  •  Jen+m+langtake2

True that sucks we will see what happens in the upcoming years. Shoot they might freakin start giving sex ed by 2nd grade. That is just sad Crying

BTW i was soo thinking of that song when i wrote the subject!

image                       image  image

• I'm a firm believer in sex education. I don't believe it causes children to explore sex. I think that the lack of education is what causes the exploration. Knowledge from an early age prepares kids for the right kind of sexual relationship when the time comes. And just because they knowledge comes early, doesn't mean the time for sexual relationships will.

Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • I also hate that sex is made out to be a bad thing. That is the number one reason so many young girls end up pregnant in my opinion. Kids are taught that sex is bad.... so when the rebellion comes along it's just another thing to add to the long list of "things I'm not supposed to do". 

Sex is a beautiful thing. And it should be treated as such. My daughter will just be raised to know that there is a proper time for it to occur. But she will never be taught that it is a bad thing.

With all of this said.... I was raised on the same philosophy, and I've only had 2 sexual partners. 

Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Oh I didnt mean it in a bad way. Of course we can not stop it so why fight it. Were planning on talking to her and just hope she doesnt decide to have sex at 13 just when she's ready for herself not anyone else. I remember the thought of sex was disgusting when i was young and knowing people did it especially my parents i felt like puking. Not anymore thankfully.

image                      image

• I'll tell her where babies come from when she asks. I'll be honest with her about it, but age appropriate. And as she gets older, I'll answer anything she asks. My family didn't talk about it at all and the extent of 'the talk' I got from my mom was "just be careful" on the car ride home from lunch where she wanted to know if I was going to keep dating this boy over the summer when he was away. Apparently a 'yes' to that questions means we were serious...  I hope she'll only have sex when in a monogomous and loving relationship. 
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Now that song is stuck in my head!!  lol!  My husband and I have talked about this and at what point we should put her on BC.  I know that I went to the clinic so that my parents didn't know and I don't want my daughter to have to do that.  I think that with a good education of the birds and the bees she will be able to make the right decision.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh, good question! I don't know, my parents never talked to me.  Once, we watched a show that a character said "sex" in, and my mom said "do you know what sex is?" and I said "yes" and that was the talk! I guess I will answer any questions as they come, and just kind of play it by ear? I agree with PPs that it shouldn't be taught as a bad thing- I always (and confession- still do) saw it as "bad" which is why I didn't do it. I think DH will be better at this than I will, but I will try my hardest not to give her my neuroses.  
  • I have no idea. Its scary how fast kids move nowadays...there was even a girl I knew who had her 1st child at 14!!!! Waiting until your LO is 13 is too late. I just hope DH can talk to DS about it and at least get him to wait until he is out of high school. I agree that sex is not bad but beautiful. I just want him to be emotionally mature enough for it and especially ready for any consequences that may happen from it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejen+m+langtake2:

Sex is a beautiful thing. And it should be treated as such. My daughter will just be raised to know that there is a proper time for it to occur. But she will never be taught that it is a bad thing.

This, exactly.  My parents were very open about sex and that it should be a special thing.  My husbands parents were not.

I want my child to know that sex is not dirty and that it is something to be cherished!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DSD is 7 and I talked with DH about when we'd approach the subject of periods & sex.  He was," well those don't start until 14ish so we've got time." I laughed and explained some 8-9 year old are getting AF. His face was priceless!  We'll start explaining changes and all that within the next year or so.  How no one touches you or sees certain body parts,etc.

With DS I'll explain things as he grows. We'll use appropriate anatomical terms for body parts.  This way breast,penis, testicles, vagina aren't giggle triggers in sex education. At 3-5 all he needs to know is mommy carries baby.  At 11-13(guessing age) it takes mommy and daddy to make a baby.  All age appropriate answers.

My mother was a ob/gyn nurse she had an 11 year old pregnant patient.  So I don't think you can ever start too early.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"