January 2011 Moms

Re: Ten Things Wednesday

• 1. I'm trying to convince myself it will be fun if its just H and I at home on NYE its no big deal. Even though I'd love to go out.

2. I feel like there are a thousand things to do for W's party next Saturday.

3. S/O the party. Only 28 of 51 have RSVP'ed.  The invitation stated this Saturday, but I still think thats a little odd. I'm not calling people. I will make extra food and if they show up, they show up.

4.  I am on day 7 of AF.  She needs to buzz of!!

5.  So much talk of food last night I gorged on McDonalds breakfast this morning. So yummy!

6.  I'm worried about dropping SS off to his mom on Friday because no doubt we will have done something wrong.

7.  1 week from today is my babys birthday!  I can't believe it, yet I am so excited at the same time.

8.  I can not stand debbie downers in the work place. Its so annoying.

9.  H finally put the Brittax car seat in his car last night and when I went to leave for work I noticed it was forward facing and about had a heart attack. I had to go to work, but ran back inside and told him he needs to turn it around. He said he couldnt find the brackets to hook it up in the seat and didnt think his car had them.

10.  Trying to figure out what color to dye my hair. Got to do something, got some greys coming in!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    1. Shouldn't this be on Tuesday? Is this like my trash day, whenever there is a holiday the trash schedual is set back a day.
    2. Jay acts more and more like his dad everyday.
    3. I have lost 10 more lbs.
    4. I am a bit upset about something stupid and petty.
    5. I feel terrible for offering Jay fruit looks for breakfast. But it is ok once a week, right? He loves them.
    6. H offered Jay a sip of his slushe last night. I did not approve but Jay did make the cutest face when H gave it to him. And wanted more. We had to hide the cup from him or he was going to throw a fit.
    7. We need a dog. Jay throws all his food off his tray the second he is done. If my back is turned at all he clears his tray right on to the floor. :(
    8. My house is so full with christmas presents I almost want to postpone the birthday party for a few months.
    9. I am preparing myself for this weekend. H's family christmas party. :(    I am not ready....
    10. Number ten: I need to get out of the house today. But it is freezing, the roads are iicy and did I mention it is cold out side?
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMarSamWhitney:

1. I'm trying to convince myself it will be fun if its just H and I at home on NYE its no big deal. Even though I'd love to go out.

3. S/O the party. Only 28 of 51 have RSVP'ed.  The invitation stated this Saturday, but I still think thats a little odd. I'm not calling people. I will make extra food and if they show up, they show up.

5.  So much talk of food last night I gorged on McDonalds breakfast this morning. So yummy!

6.  I'm worried about dropping SS off to his mom on Friday because no doubt we will have done something wrong.

7.  1 week from today is my babys birthday!  I can't believe it, yet I am so excited at the same time.

9.  H finally put the Brittax car seat in his car last night and when I went to leave for work I noticed it was forward facing and about had a heart attack. I had to go to work, but ran back inside and told him he needs to turn it around. He said he couldnt find the brackets to hook it up in the seat and didnt think his car had them.

10.  Trying to figure out what color to dye my hair. Got to do something, got some greys coming in!

Can I RSVP here? I would call now, but my phone is dead.

How could you do everything right with SS when the list of what his mom wants 5miles long. I would just make it a quick drop and run.

We are going out for new years, and then having the family christmas party the next morning. The entire family is going out on New Years Eve. It is going to be a slow morning.

• imagejcole32444:
    imageMarSamWhitney:

1. I'm trying to convince myself it will be fun if its just H and I at home on NYE its no big deal. Even though I'd love to go out.

How could you do everything right with SS when the list of what his mom wants 5miles long. I would just make it a quick drop and run.

We are going out for new years, and then having the family christmas party the next morning. The entire family is going out on New Years Eve. It is going to be a slow morning.

Are you RSVP'ing yes?  Also- I wasn't even counting you and Rosie...you guys could tell me the day before if you were coming and it would be fine. Its the 20 other people who I havent heard a peep from, KWIM?

and LOL about SS's mom. She is nutso!!!! I'll bet 5 dollars she complains or goes off on me about something!!

• imageMarSamWhitney:
    imagejcole32444:
    imageMarSamWhitney:

Are you RSVP'ing yes?  Also- I wasn't even counting you and Rosie...you guys could tell me the day before if you were coming and it would be fine. Its the 20 other people who I havent heard a peep from, KWIM?

and LOL about SS's mom. She is nutso!!!! I'll bet 5 dollars she complains or goes off on me about something!!

Yes, I know what you mean. I put regrets only on Jay's invites and there are 3 people I know for sure will not be coming. But they have not responded. I don't think they will.

• 1. Regarding MarSam's #3 - I watched an episode of "Four Weddings" and at one wedding they made everyone who did RSVP sit outside during the reception. Everyone was up in arms about it, but I'm a beotch and thought it was rather hilarious. That's what they get for not RSVPing, imo.

2. It feels so. fricken. good. to be "out"

3. The ILs were once again the least reactive to our news. It was like "oh. great. are you excited?" Uh, yea, I'm having a BABY, of course I'm excited!

4. We ran out of drinks in the house and instad of going to buy more I've been drinking tea

5. Our vehicle registration is expired. We can't renew it yet because we moved counties but we haven't changed our licenses yet. We have to wait for the new licenses before we can go pay our new county. This is so effing stupid. Why can't the whole thing be run by the STATE? If H gets caught on base with expired tags they will ground our car and we'll have zero transportation.

6. I had a check up yesterday and I've lost 3 lbs in the last month. I thought I was eating a lot, but I guess I need to step it up.

7. Now that our tree is up, I don't want to take it down. We have to turn in for recycling by the 2nd :(

8. Ferrero Rocher. Nom nom nom.

9. A girl just posted on another board that she got a Bugaboo Cameleon LE for Christmas. I could think of a million better things to spend $1,000 on than a stroller.

10. I keep forgetting to watch Teen Mom, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything when I read the recaps. Maybe it's time to quit that show.

• 1. DH and I are going on a date night sponsored by my mom tonight and I'm really excited.  We're going to see Jeff Dunham and neither of us have ever been to a comedy show. 

2. I think I'm more excited about Cheesecake Factory because now that the nausea is starting to subside I'm crazy hungry.

3. I'm supposed to be doing my hair right now to go order E's birthday cake but instead I'm sitting on my butt. 

4. MIL asked to get E overnight Sunday into Monday and I said no because I thought we were having our big family New Years dinner but apparently my mom stopped that when I moved out and I really don't want to tell her yes now and look like an ass considering we kinda got in a little fight over it.  

5.  Thanks to MarSam I really want a sausage biscuit from McDonalds but it's already 11am Sad

6. I would punch someone for a corn dog right now.  With a crap ton of mustard.

7.  I feel guilty but I still forget that I'm pregnant sometimes.  I'll be playing on the floor with E and I'll start to feel a ton of pressure from my jeans in my stomach and be all "Oh yeah! I'm pregnant. I probably shouldn't put that much pressure on the poor kid". 

8. I am more than ready to be living on our own again. E and I should only have to be here another week! 

9.  DH said where we're moving is super crowded, has a ton of traffic, and makes where he grew up look like a small town.  I consider where he grew up a big city so I have a feeling I'm going to be super overwhelmed.

10.   I have to go get a shower and get dressed after this but DH did our laundry yesterday.  He tries so hard when he does it but he always ends up either shrinking things or hang drying the wrong things so they're to baggy when I go to wear them again.  I know I shouldn't complain but I'm super picky about my laundry.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1.  I'm nervous for all of you who have/are going to have 1 year olds already.  I'm glad I have almost a month to go.

2.  It's a good thing I have almost a month to go, because I have nothing ready for his party.  I need to get to work on that.

3.  I think everyone should get the week between Christmas and New Years off. 

4.  Someone needs to go grocery shopping for my family.  I really do not want it to be me.

5.  DS's room looks like a fisher price factory exploded.  Can a baby have too many toys? 

6.  We got a taste of snow yesterday, but it is all melted now.  I could really go for a snow day off from work. 

7.  Work has been way too busy the past couple of days. 

8.  I really need a hair cut.  I am trying to grow it out to donate it to locks of love, but I want it cut off now!

9.  I need to start working out again.  Boo.

10.  I hope Target still has some good clearance stuff.  I'm going after work tonight.

• 1.  I am off work all week - I like having the time off but dread going back and having to catch up.

2.  I was going to hide the blocks to DS's V-Tech alphabet train but he found the box before I hid them - he is having a great time scattering them around the room.

3.  DH is in a foul mood - I want to slap him.

4.  DH informed me that he does not want to go to the hockey game with us tomorrow night.  I guess older DS & I need to find 2 friends to go instead of one.  He can sit home and stew in his own attitude.

5.  I put away 10 toys from Christmas that I did not even open - I will give one to DS each month February - November to have something new to play with.

6.  I think SIL re-gifted to DS.  Her DS has had cancer and they've received so many things - she sent toys that were for ages 3 & up.  Those went straight in the closet due to small peices.

7.  The Biltmore House was nice but crowded and their customer service skills sucked.

8.  DH gave me my first expensive purse ever for Christmas.  He got me a nice Brahmin bag & matching wallet.

9.  I have decided I want e-reader.  I have some Christmas money tucked away along with a Best Buy gift card from my brother.  I am waiting on a few rebates - when I get it all together I will go buy one.

10.  DH does not know that I get a bonus each year in April.  I use the money throughout the year to get ahead on some bills - if he knew about it he would blow it.  He gets a bonus and I don't care what he does with it either.

• imageCaniacMom:

1.  I am off work all week - I like having the time off but dread going back and having to catch up.

2.  I was going to hide the blocks to DS's V-Tech alphabet train but he found the box before I hid them - he is having a great time scattering them around the room.

3.  DH is in a foul mood - I want to slap him.

4.  DH informed me that he does not want to go to the hockey game with us tomorrow night.  I guess older DS & I need to find 2 friends to go instead of one.  He can sit home and stew in his own attitude.

5.  I put away 10 toys from Christmas that I did not even open - I will give one to DS each month February - November to have something new to play with.

6.  I think SIL re-gifted to DS.  Her DS has had cancer and they've received so many things - she sent toys that were for ages 3 & up.  Those went straight in the closet due to small peices.

7.  The Biltmore House was nice but crowded and their customer service skills sucked.

8.  DH gave me my first expensive purse ever for Christmas.  He got me a nice Brahmin bag & matching wallet.

9.  I have decided I want e-reader.  I have some Christmas money tucked away along with a Best Buy gift card from my brother.  I am waiting on a few rebates - when I get it all together I will go buy one.

10.  DH does not know that I get a bonus each year in April.  I use the money throughout the year to get ahead on some bills - if he knew about it he would blow it.  He gets a bonus and I don't care what he does with it either.

lol, that sounds like something I would do. My H is a major spender, and I prefer to get bills paid off.

• I did mine all about my Christmas Eve but I want to say that you guys had me rolling this week!
  • 1.  I have to clamber around in the attic to put away some stuff and I don't wanna do it, but DH is so tired of me asking him to get up there for me.  It's hard to move around, you have to walk on the rafters and not step on the insulation, etc. Man do we need a bigger house with better storage.

2. Shiloh walked pushing her walker today and also figured out how to get in and out of her anywhere chair by herself.  9 days til her birthday, dare I hope she walks by then?  She is doing well while her hands are held...

3.  Two days in a row with me NOT eating like a pig!  Yay!

4.  My "winter break" (I took this week off) is going way too fast.  I do not want to go back to work after having a taste of SAHM life (which is hard, I tip my hat to those of you doing it), but I love being around my daughter so much, and I can tell she has gotten closer with me this past week (saying mama more, being cuddlier).  It makes me question her being in daycare and me having to work.  I need to win the lottery!

5.  Since being sick (she is finally better today), Shiloh's very recent STTN achievement has gone to hell in a handbasket.  Heaven help us. 

6.  We got a tuna steak at Kroger for $5 and seared it for dinner and it was FANTASTIC

7. Tomorrow I have to scrub the floors on my hands and knees.  They need it.  Blah.  

8. H is doing construction work on a dental office in January and it will require him working nights and weekends as they will still be operating the practice.  It is going to suck to barely see him, but we need the $.

9. Debating on dropping Shiloh at daycare for a few hours tomorrow so I can either A.) get those floors scrubbed or B) go see a movie.  I can justify A.) but B.) feels really selfish.

10. Excited for Shiloh's bday in January, but other than that it is going to be a tough month.  Work is crazy for me (year end, tax stuff) which carries over to doing our own taxes and my side jobs that I do (bookkeeping). Between all that and H working nights and weekends, I am going to need a clone.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"