VBAC

Back for VBAC Attempt #2

Hello ladies--I'm so happy to be back here!

DS#1 (June 2009), was a c-section after induction, 3 hours of pushing and him being face up. I went into labor on my own with DS#2 (January 2011), got to the hospital at about 4 cm, didn't progress much once at the hospital and was put on some pitocin which sped things up. Once I started pushing DS#2 had decels and my doctor determined he was also face up and I would need another c-section. I was wheeled into the OR, and as I was moved from the labor bed to the surgical bed my OB was able to turn DS face down so I could keep trying for my VBAC. After about an hour and a half of pushing, vacuum and an episiotomy I had my successful VBAC, albeit in the OR :)

This board was such a great resource for me as I was preparing for my last VBAC, so I hope I find it just as helpful this time around. My doctor believes this VBAC should go a little easier since I've had one vaginal birth, and I'm VERY hopeful he is right. We are thrilled to be expecting baby #3--it's hard to believe I'm already back here. Best of luck to everyone on your VBAC journey.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Back for VBAC Attempt #2

• congratulations! Good luck on VBAC #2!
  • Hi!  I'm also pregnant with baby#3 and hoping for another VBAC!  Hopefully this time around you can get your VBAC in the L&D room Smile

DD (August 2008) was a c/s for PROM and failed induction, as my water broke before labor started just shy of 40 weeks and after 22 hours of max Pitocin I was only dilated to 3-4cm.  

DS (Dec 2010) was hospital waterbirth VBAC with midwives.  I went into labor on my own at 41w1d, and only needed a small amount of Pitocin after 30+ hours of labor.  Within two hours of Pit, I was fully dilated.  Pushed for 13 mins, and out DS came!

I'm a little nervous this time though, since I am going to be with a different OB group in a not-as-VBAC-friendly area... FX for both of us!!! 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Loading the player...
  • GL!

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"