Single Parents
Options

One year ago today..

I lost one of the strongest single moms I know, my grandmother. She passed a few short hours after midnight the day after Christmas.

Her alcoholic and abusive husbad left her and her six children in the late sixties. She raised them all on her own after that, with the support of her mother, but always living and working very hard on her own. Her children went on to become a navy pilot/lawyer, school guidence counsler, NYC socialite and buisness owner (gone much too soon before her time), a marketing person, an owner of a multi-state regional healthcare business/accountant, and a nurse.

They in turn gave her 13 grandchildren who in turn gave her 10 great-grandchildren with another on the way here in a few weeks.

She was a strong women who worked into her 70's and did everything she could for her children and family.

I wanted to share a little bit of her story in rememberence and also to give us all a little strength. We can do this, we are all one of many, not the first and not the last to take on this task.

Re: One year ago today..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"