Secondary IF
Options

Ordering meds today

I am calling today to order my injects. I am incredibly nervous to start treatment. This might be the reason I keep pushing it back and back and back. I just realized that I started TB back in April and am almost to 1,000 posts without ever doing any "real" treatments. I feel like I've been standing on the verge of a cliff and too scared to jump.

Part of the reason is that we only have $10,000 to spend on IF treatments and I am scared we are going to "waste" it. The RE said we could get 3 rounds of IUI/injects in with that $ amount. But what if it doesn't work...then we're done.

Ladies who have ordered injects before, it's covered through your IF treatment and not your prescription coverage, right? I am so confused as to how this is going to work. I am so scared that I'm going to do the wrong thing. Thanks for listening to this ramble.

Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view

Re: Ordering meds today

• Options
    I keep pushing my second IUI for the same reason. I'm worried the IUIs wont work and then we have to decide if we want to even think about IVF. It freaks me out
  • Options
    I know how you feel.  I've been TTC #2 for two years and I just started treatment a month ago.  You have to do what you are comfortable with when you are comfortable doing so.  I am terrified of having multiples but I am more scared of never having another. I have Aetna and the meds are covered through Aetna specialty pharmacy, I do have to pay a copay for each med for a month's supply it ended up being around $85 which was better than the total cost which I believe was somewhere in the 1,000 range. It depends on your insurance.  What meds are you ordering?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Everything will work out just fine I promise! JUMP! We will be here to help catch you and support you!! :)  

As for insurance:  We have a $10,000 cap for IF Treatments and we HAD a $ 5000 cap that was for the actual IF meds. Which we used up when getting Pregnant with Lydie.

You might want to double check with your insurance on how they do there coverage. Hope this helps!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickersPhotobucket
  • Options
    imagerach7883:

Everything will work out just fine I promise! JUMP! We will be here to help catch you and support you!! :)  

As for insurance:  We have a $10,000 cap for IF Treatments and we HAD a $ 5000 cap that was for the actual IF meds. Which we used up when getting Pregnant with Lydie.

You might want to double check with your insurance on how they do there coverage. Hope this helps!

I've been on the phone with our insurance this morning. It seems as though all medication will come out of our IF coverage and count towards our 10k cap. BOOO! Now I just have to find out if I have to get it through the RE or we can use a pharmacy. I got prices for several drugs out of the pharmacy we would use and will compare when the RE calls back.

Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

Lou's Infertility News

• Options

Boy do I here you.  I've been TTC for over 3 years now, but have only spent the last year in traditional treatment.  I dragged my feet FOREVER just to get to an RE, because, you know, if I never went to an RE then I really didn't have an issue.  (Loving that river in Egypt, you know?)  And it scares me to know that the end of the road is nearly here - I'm looking at it.  I think that's part of the reason DH is having so much trouble - if you don't really try, you can't fail.

As for the meds, none of mine were covered through my insurance.  But on the plus side, my nurse called and found the best price for me, then the pharmacy (freedom) called me to confirm a delivery time for the injects.  It was really easy.  GL!

Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Options
    imageJMay:

Boy do I here you.  I've been TTC for over 3 years now, but have only spent the last year in traditional treatment.  I dragged my feet FOREVER just to get to an RE, because, you know, if I never went to an RE then I really didn't have an issue.  (Loving that river in Egypt, you know?)  And it scares me to know that the end of the road is nearly here - I'm looking at it.  I think that's part of the reason DH is having so much trouble - if you don't really try, you can't fail.

As for the meds, none of mine were covered through my insurance.  But on the plus side, my nurse called and found the best price for me, then the pharmacy (freedom) called me to confirm a delivery time for the injects.  It was really easy.  GL!

This is who I'm using, too! They called already today and seem really nice and helpful.

Lou's Infertility News

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"