Success after IF
Options

Follistim Experiences

Hello everyone! I usually post on 2IF board, but thought I might ask you lovely ladies, too. I am starting Follistim 75IU next month with IUI. What have been your experiences with this protocol? How did you respond? Did you have any sx? How many days did you need to take it? We have an insurance cap and this is eating a huge chunk and was looking for some success stories to help easy my worried mind. Thanks in advance, ladies!
Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view

Re: Follistim Experiences

• Options

I am a poor responder so did 150 of follistm for IUI. No real side effects, besides bloat- I stimmed for I think 8-9 days each time (did 3 IUI cycles) with 2-3 mature follicles at trigger (pretty much what my RE aims for with IUI cycles). No success with IUI so had to move on to IVF, but I know many people who have had success with injectable IUIs!

Good luck! 

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options

I used it twice and the good news was I had no side effects at all.  The bad news was, thanks to PCOS I hyperstimmed both times (20-30 follies) and they canceled the cycles.

Good luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKYRN:

I used it twice and the good news was I had no side effects at all.  The bad news was, thanks to PCOS I hyperstimmed both times (20-30 follies) and they canceled the cycles.

Good luck.

pretty much this only I only did it one cycle...hyperstimmed....also have PCOS.

No side effects though

Good luck!!!

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Options
    I think I started at 75 and responded poorly so they upped me to 100 and that worked.  No s$x while stimming.  B2B IUIs and both times I got pregnant.  I don't recall how many days I stimmed.
  • Options
    I did 75 units follistim for 4 days and produced 12 mature follies. I had 10 mature eggs retrieved, 9 of which fertilized normally via ICSI. I didn't notice any side effects from the follistim - overall I was very happy with my experience with it. GL to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did 75 units of follistim for 2 days, got 4 follies and now have 3 yr old twins who are not identical.  I have PCOS and wasn't responding to clomid so we did follistim at a low dose so I didn't over produce.  I didn't have any side effects, mine was injectable.
  • Options

imageMrs.McJeep:
    I did 75 units of follistim for 2 days, got 4 follies and now have 3 yr old twins who are not identical.  I have PCOS and wasn't responding to clomid so we did follistim at a low dose so I didn't over produce.  I didn't have any side effects, mine was injectable.

Only 2 days?! She said that I might have to do it for 10 days or more! Is this because of your PCOS?

Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

Lou's Infertility News

• Options
    Thanks everyone! This really helps me understand a bit better.

Lou's Infertility News

• Options

I had better follicle response on follistim than I did on clomid-- with clomid it was either too little or too much.  With follistim I think around 100 worked well for me, maybe a little more (it has been a while) and I used it for 3 IUIs.  They didn't work for me.  I was self pay on the follistim.  I didn't mind doing the injections-- that was easy.  I did find myself irritible and gained weight-- about 20 pounds after 5 IUIs. 

I was about to start IVF when I got pregnant (the one cycle we didn't pee on a stick every day and do high tech monitoring because we were relaxing because we were about to start IVF.... and the timing of how I got pregnant was completely different from when I was supposed to ovulate according to all the tests).  

Overall, I found that the issues and stresses with infertility were worse emotionally and stress wise than the issues and stresses with being pregnant.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"