Baby Showers

At what week is best for a shower?

Okay to all the baby shower expects what week do you think is the best time to have a shower?

2004- DX with PCOS

6/2011- Gonal-F + Ganirelix + Oviderl and Crinone= BFP

7/7/2011 Beta #1 119 Beta #2 563 Beta#3 4178

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

http://tinypic.com/r/25z7709/8

Re: At what week is best for a shower?

• Im no expert but I'll be 33 weeks when I have mines.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagehocus:
    Weeks 30-35 or so. This assumes a normal pregnancy and no holiday logistics to plan around.

So if you were say high risk on bedrest and being induced at week 39 you would do a shower sooner, then say 4 weeks before due date

2004- DX with PCOS

6/2011- Gonal-F + Ganirelix + Oviderl and Crinone= BFP

7/7/2011 Beta #1 119 Beta #2 563 Beta#3 4178

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

http://tinypic.com/r/25z7709/8

• Loading the player...
  • I think I'll be 32 at mine (or just about).  My best friend (who has 2 kids) said not to go past about 32-34 weeks.  You want to be comfortable and enjoy it.  You also want time to put everything away, make returns and do thank you notes .. so a few weeks.

So I'd say 30-33 weeks. :)

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I would say anywhere between 25 weeks and 34 weeks.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I had mine at 35 weeks, then promptly had DS at 36 weeks, before stuff was organized or thank yous were written. So if I had it to do over, I would say maybe around 32 weeks. Of course, you never know when the baby is coming anyway.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Depends on the mom, the pregnancy and the time of year.  

Mine was around 7 1/2 months.  I'd go no later than 8 months and no earlier than 5.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • I think around 30 weeks is traditional.  As others have said, you never know if the baby might come early.  My first was born at 36 weeks.  You want to give the mom time to organize gifts at home, do thank you notes, and buy any necessities that were not bought off the registry.  The closer you get to the due date, you run the risk of the mom being on bed rest or having other complications that may prevent her from attending or enjoying the shower.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • I did my sister's at 35 weeks which was about the last week she was comfortable. We would have done it sooner, but with Christmas, it was tough. She would have preferred 32 weeks. She wanted to be big enough to feel and look pregnant, but still comfortable. 

I would think the early part of the 3rd trimester is best. I would not do any earlier than 28 weeks unless you are having multiples. 

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • imageJennPierog:

imagehocus:
    Weeks 30-35 or so. This assumes a normal pregnancy and no holiday logistics to plan around.

So if you were say high risk on bedrest and being induced at week 39 you would do a shower sooner, then say 4 weeks before due date

absolutely. I think 35 weeks is way too late.  I had 2 showers. My 2nd one was when I was 32 weeks and I was miserable. My belly was too big to feel comfortable doing much and I dreaded going home to organize and put things away.  
  • imageshootingstars00:
    I would say anywhere between 25 weeks and 34 weeks.
    I was going to say 27-32 weeks, I'm glad someone thinks early like me.
  • Agreed!  I am having two as well and mine are between 29 and 32 weeks....gives me enough time to get everything set up, washed ad put away before baby...as well as thank yous...plus one requeires a three-hour drive so I requested nothing too close to the due date...:)
  • Hi Jenn. I remember you from 3T!  I'm no expert either but am giving a shower for my sister (she is due March 12). Her shower is Feb 4.  You want it somewhat close to your due time but not so close that you can go into labor early or be extremely uncomfortable. IMO 1--3 months before due date is a good time. 
  • I had my shower at 35 weeks and I think it was too late in the pregnancy.  I was exhausted at the end of the party.
  • Jenn I'd have yours earlier just for peace of mind. Mine's at 30 weeks (next sunday). I didn't want to have it TOO early, but knowing how high risk I am, and that my doctors are perfectly happy with my baby coming at 34 weeks... I just wanted to be ready just in case. You and I are in super similar boats and I know for me it just made me feel good to know that she could come when she wanted and I'd still have what I need.

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"