North Carolina Babies

Toddler airplane entertainment

and tips.  I'm making a list and checking it twice.  We have a full day in the airport coming up.  6+ hours on planes plus another 6ish in actual airports IF all goes well.

So let me hear it ladies!

As well as packing tips because I've never flown with a toddler.

Re: Toddler airplane entertainment

• Try the basics, stickers, one or two board books (IF she is into reading books, otherwise there are plenty of magazines you can take from the plane if need be) The iPhone or iPad or even laptop is good and load up some short episodes of curious george or whatever she likes to watch (if any)- it will keep her distracted. We even bought the padded "Walkman" style headphones instead of our adult earbuds for her to use and SHE LOVED IT! (basically anything that can imitate her being an adult worked for us). In the airport she LOVED to run and use the people mover- so we basically just walked and ran after her (like one person stays with the luggage and stroller and the other one watches the kid and then switch). Also pack lots of light snacks like a bag of kix or a slices of apple or something for her to munch on and def. a sippy cup for sipping during take-off and landing. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!!  pack a travel size pack of clorox wipes and wipe off ALL surfaces you may see, ESPECIALLY the tray. It is the dirtiest part of the seat. I wiped off all plastic parts I could see since the planes are NOT cleaned regularly and you're flying during the flu and strep season. Just sayin'

Also- remember to go up to the travel desk at the terminal and make sure they have your daughter as a passenger (unless you bought her a seat) and remember that you can go in right after 1st class since you may need more time to settle in and get everything situated.

GOOD LUCK AND SAFE TRAVELS!

• imageyelena1223:

Try the basics, stickers, one or two board books (IF she is into reading books, otherwise there are plenty of magazines you can take from the plane if need be) The iPhone or iPad or even laptop is good and load up some short episodes of curious george or whatever she likes to watch (if any)- it will keep her distracted. We even bought the padded "Walkman" style headphones instead of our adult earbuds for her to use and SHE LOVED IT! (basically anything that can imitate her being an adult worked for us). In the airport she LOVED to run and use the people mover- so we basically just walked and ran after her (like one person stays with the luggage and stroller and the other one watches the kid and then switch). Also pack lots of light snacks like a bag of kix or a slices of apple or something for her to munch on and def. a sippy cup for sipping during take-off and landing. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!!  pack a travel size pack of clorox wipes and wipe off ALL surfaces you may see, ESPECIALLY the tray. It is the dirtiest part of the seat. I wiped off all plastic parts I could see since the planes are NOT cleaned regularly and you're flying during the flu and strep season. Just sayin'

Also- remember to go up to the travel desk at the terminal and make sure they have your daughter as a passenger (unless you bought her a seat) and remember that you can go in right after 1st class since you may need more time to settle in and get everything situated.

GOOD LUCK AND SAFE TRAVELS!

Bookmarking this.  I have called twice to verify she is listed as infant in lap and they have her listed.  I'll be asking 1000 more times to be sure.

And airplanes are gross.  Not excited about that part.

• Loading the player...
  • If you are bringing a carseat, most airlines allow you to gate check these at no charge, and we have found this little item purchased from Amazon to be an amazing little invention.  It is a little thing, but it makes a world of a difference with a carseat and carry-ons and a lap child to tote around airports.

https://www.amazon.com/Traveling-Toddler-Seat-Travel-Accessory/dp/B000JHN3AS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325125006&sr=8-1

Also, snacks... snacks... snacks! :)  And, I second the headphones idea... good luck to you!  Safe travels! 

• imageAdventurers:

If you are bringing a carseat, most airlines allow you to gate check these at no charge, and we have found this little item purchased from Amazon to be an amazing little invention.  It is a little thing, but it makes a world of a difference with a carseat and carry-ons and a lap child to tote around airports.

https://www.amazon.com/Traveling-Toddler-Seat-Travel-Accessory/dp/B000JHN3AS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325125006&sr=8-1

Also, snacks... snacks... snacks! :)  And, I second the headphones idea... good luck to you!  Safe travels! 

I have looked at that contraption but she is still in her infant bucket seat.  Yep, at 15 months old :)  It looks handy!

• When we fly we check our carseat and use a carseat travel bag (should also work on infant seats) so it doesn't get all nasty. It has straps like a backback which is so much better than the bag with wheels if you have other luggage. It can be hard to pull multiple bags at once! You can also stuff things like jackets and blankets in there before you check since you really wouldn't need them in the airport (the less to deal with the better!)

We take the ipad, books, a couple of mega blocks, not a lot really. He likes to look at Sky Mall magazine! LOL 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"